Smoke Fire and Food BBQ Forum

Australia's Best BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Recent Activities

• 220s -

Replied to the thread offset build.

Going reverse flow so a 6mm (1/4'') baffle plate, haven't given much thought to the counter weight yet. Will see what it requires when I get to it. Wet all day yesterday so stock work got put on hold. Decided to have a play with the firebox and modify…
  • Bentley Meredith -

Posted the thread R.I.P. Malcom Young.

Thread
    Got to see him and his band mates in Selland Arena, Fresno, California June 7/15/78. It was a show with a story! Rest in Peace!
  • dazzmaster -

Replied to the thread Dual Akorn Ducks.

Oh yes. The pan juices and fat are in the fridge atm. Will scoop off the fat when it's cool.
  • Wazza -

Liked dazzmaster’s post in the thread Dual Akorn Ducks.

Like (Post)
    So we had a few guests for dinner, and ducks were half price at Coles, so what a good time to try something that I'd never done before. The 2 ducks about to go in the akorn. 1 just salted, one with Chinese 5 spice
  • Narm Naleg -

Liked Gumb’s post in the thread Dual Akorn Ducks.

Like (Post)
    Save the fat, it's awesome on roast spuds.
  • Narm Naleg -

Like (Post)
    So we had a few guests for dinner, and ducks were half price at Coles, so what a good time to try something that I'd never done before. The 2 ducks about to go in the akorn. 1 just salted, one with Chinese 5 spice
  • Gumb -

Replied to the thread Dual Akorn Ducks.

Save the fat, it's awesome on roast spuds.
  • Gumb -

Like (Post)
  • Narm Naleg -

Replied to the thread First smoker / low & slow.

Quote from Kimura: “Ceramic maintains heat better and is therefore requires less babying than Ceramic. What’s your thoughts on this? ” Well I don't have an Akorn, perhaps one of the many owners on the forum can chime in on their experience with…
  • dazzmaster -

Posted the thread Dual Akorn Ducks.

Thread

Upcoming Events

1. Sat, Nov 25th 2017, 1:21pm - Sun, Nov 26th 2017, 2:21pm

Urban Griller

2. Sat, Aug 25th 2018 - Sun, Aug 26th 2018

Gumb