Smoke Fire and Food BBQ Forum

Australia's Best BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Recent Activities

• SilentBoB -

Liked StevenM’s post in the thread Jaffle Irons / Pie Iorns.

Like (Post)
    Any one into them at all. In the good old days before simple easy gas camping was available I cut my teeth on them. Love the American stuff with the long handles and the beauty of being able to pull them apart easily and use them as a small fry pan or…
  • Ray C -

Replied to the thread Brisket and Pastrami cook....

The silverside is due to come out this afternoon at 3pm... It will be chilled immediately and then into the fridge till the good wife tells me what time she wants it ready... The brisket is another story... After my last brisket fail, i am trying a few…
  • Grillnoob -

Replied to the thread Jaffle Irons / Pie Iorns.

wow what a great collection. Never seen the Burger and Bratt style cookers before. The Aussie one with the koala inside is classic.
  • StevenM -

Posted the thread Jaffle Irons / Pie Iorns.

Thread
    Any one into them at all. In the good old days before simple easy gas camping was available I cut my teeth on them. Love the American stuff with the long handles and the beauty of being able to pull them apart easily and use them as a small fry pan or…
  • StevenM -

Liked aj0081’s post in the thread Slow cooker pulled pork.

Like (Post)
    Wow. I can almost smell it from here... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • aj0081 -

Replied to the thread Bbq pitmasters on Netflix.

I've seen a few episodes. There is a fair bit of self promotion. I ain't no competition cook (let alone grand champion) but there sure is some 'interesting' approaches... That said, it's still interesting to watch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • aj0081 -

Replied to the thread Slow cooker pulled pork.

Wow. I can almost smell it from here... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • StevenM -

Liked the article How to butcher Pork Belly to make meaty Ribs.

Like (Article)
    Hi all, Jay from the Australasian BBQ Alliance and his butcher show you how to trim a pork belly to get really meaty ribs. Watch this vid a couple of times and you'll be ready to make your own beautiful pork ribs. A big thankyou to Jay and his butcher…
  • StevenM -

Posted the thread Slow cooker pulled pork.

Thread
    The weekend is here so that only means time to get the house smellin sweeeeet. Being lazy so the slow cooker is the toy for the day. I can't walk away from the $2.99 a keg pickled pork when I see it so it is to be the star of the show. Soaked over…
  • Captain -

Liked <JC>’s post in the thread Ducks!.

Like (Post)
    I did a duck ramen with the other one. - Boned the duck - made a duck stock with the carcass - refrigerated the duck stock so I could remove the fat - poached the maylands/breasts in my Chinese masterstock (that keeps getting better and better) - pan…

Upcoming Events

1. Sat, Jun 10th 2017 - Sun, Jun 11th 2017

Card Shark - Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia

2. Sat, Jul 8th 2017 - Sun, Jul 9th 2017

Card Shark - 88 Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059, Australia