Smoke Fire and Food BBQ Forum

Australia's Best BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Recent Activities

• Wazza -

Replied to the thread BBQ expert on Today Tonight this evening.

I actually didn't want to say much in a public forum, but a reverse sear that leaves a lot of grey with a little pink in the middle. Perhaps it was a cook that didn't go to plan, we have all had those. Problem is the temp of the q he put it in was…
  • Grant Grass Valley -

Replied to the thread R.I.P. Malcom Young.

I reckon everyone should go and buy a blue singlet in honour. They last forever, so the memory can continue. I am overseas on holidays but have 5 with me.
  • blowin' smoke -

Replied to the thread Kamado Roast Eye Fillet.

Nice one Gumb. Not bad for a Monday night champ.
  • blowin' smoke -

Liked Gumb’s post in the thread Kamado Roast Eye Fillet.

Like (Post)
    Tonight I wanted to do a roast in the kamado and instead of filling the firebox up, I decided to make use of the smaller bits of charcoal which had accumulated in the bottom. I built them in to a pyramid but made sure I still had good airflow from…
  • Gumb -

The gravy is the wife's dept and yes, she makes it and always pours the juices from the foil wrapped beef in to it as well.
  • 12x7 -

Looks great. I like the idea of using the Kingston briquettes to add smoke flavour. Must try it myself. I like the smoke ring. Yeah I know it isn’t a good means to tell if it tastes any good, but it looks nice. Did you make your own gravy?
  • Gumb -

Liked 12x7’s post in the thread First smoker / low & slow.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Gumb: “See, what did I tell you. :D ” I would have really upset the apple cart if I started recommending he get a Weber Family Q. :D We could have a Ziggy vs Weber discussion as well. :thumbsup:
  • 12x7 -

Replied to the thread First smoker / low & slow.

Quote from Gumb: “See, what did I tell you. :D ” I would have really upset the apple cart if I started recommending he get a Weber Family Q. :D We could have a Ziggy vs Weber discussion as well. :thumbsup:
  • Gumb -

• 12x7 -

Quote from Kimura: “You guys are an absolute godsend. Thank you so much. Wife bought up the idea of the $1,499 Kamado Joe at BBQ’s Galore saying if we’re already going to be spending $900 on a Kamado why not spend a little more & get something…

Upcoming Events

1. Sat, Nov 25th 2017, 1:21pm - Sun, Nov 26th 2017, 2:21pm

Urban Griller

2. Sat, Aug 25th 2018 - Sun, Aug 26th 2018

Gumb