Smoke Fire and Food BBQ Forum

Australia's Best BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Recent Activities

• 12x7 -

Replied to the thread Disappointed with grillgrate steaks on gas...advice?.

One of the weakness of grill grates is wind. If it's windy they can be a real pain to get temp into them. Plus: They can heat quickly Minus: They can cool quickly I normally have to run the Q about 20 min flat out to get them up to max temp. In the 4…
  • 12x7 -

Liked dazzmaster’s post in the thread New to me Akorn.

Like (Post)
    Thanks for the advice @12x7. I'll definitely try that in the future. I think I am going to go with low temperature over the coals, to see about flavour from the juices dripping onto the coals. Then I'll take off and rest while I crank up the heat, before…
  • Kookabanus -

Replied to the thread Imperial Kamado in Melbourne.

Yeah I agree, I think I just like the idea of an Imperial.
  • Kookabanus -

Liked Gumb’s post in the thread Imperial Kamado in Melbourne.

Like (Post)
    Not bad but no deflector. As much as I like the authenticity, I don't think it's something I'd go for.
  • Urban Griller -

Liked dazzmaster’s post in the thread New to me Akorn.

Like (Post)
    Thanks for the advice @12x7. I'll definitely try that in the future. I think I am going to go with low temperature over the coals, to see about flavour from the juices dripping onto the coals. Then I'll take off and rest while I crank up the heat, before…
  • Urban Griller -

Replied to the thread What made you laugh today?.

Woooo! Burger in a can! That's just not right!
  • Gumb -

Replied to the thread Imperial Kamado in Melbourne.

Not bad but no deflector. As much as I like the authenticity, I don't think it's something I'd go for.
  • Runejack -

Replied to the thread Pork hocks.

Good luck! When done right, they are fantastic! Joel
  • Kookabanus -

Posted the thread Imperial Kamado in Melbourne.

Thread
    Came across this: Japanese kamado I'm kind of keen but I wanted my next purchase to have something to do with a rotisserie and not another kamado. He's asking $450.
  • HectorAsado -

Replied to the thread What made you laugh today?.