Smoke Fire and Food BBQ Forum

Australia's Best BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Forum

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Recent Activities

• Big_o -

Replied to the thread First attempt at brisket.

It turned out great. Let it rest for an hour and a half before serving. First impressions, very much tasted like corned silverside, particularly because The rub was way too salty. Very juicy, and tender but noticed it dried out quickly after serving.…
  • alimac23 -

Replied to the thread Heat Beads in an Akorn.

Have you tried a different charcoal? I find different types taste very different, for example if you have been using the cheap mangrove then I can understand why she might not like the taste and smell, maybe try kleenheat or another very neutral charcoal…
  • Narm Naleg -

Liked yakabot’s post in the thread What made you laugh today?.

Like (Post)
    A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He spots a man down below and lowers the balloon to shout: “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.” The man…
  • shauno -

Liked Gumb’s post in the thread Heat Beads in an Akorn.

Like (Post)
    Or use a couple of Weber kettle charcoal baskets, the same as you would with a kettle. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a kamado though. Lump shouldn't give off a taste unless he's using some of that imported mangrove stuff.
  • Captain -

Liked jonycrackers’s post in the thread Pizza Napolitana.

Like (Post)
    Pretty simple really. 500g flour, 300g water, 2 teaspoons of dry yeast and 12 g salt. After mixing bulk prove until double in size then ball up and cold prove for 24hrs.
  • Captain -

Liked jonycrackers’s post in the thread Pizza Napolitana.

Like (Post)
    It depends what kind of pizza you like. I prefer nepolitan style pizzas which require really high heat and you get that charing. Usually cooks around 90 secs. My wife prefers crispy New York style pizzas which require lower heat but take 3-4 minutes to…
  • yakabot -

Liked Gumb’s post in the thread Can't see an image.

Like (Post)
    Should be fine now, he didn't upload an image and I think it was a link to another site somewhere. I've copied it and inserted it so hopefully that's sorted. I'm not sure why I could see it and you couldn't. It's better to put a post in his thread to…
  • Captain -

Liked Big_o’s post in the thread First attempt at brisket.

Like (Post)
    Yeah, I had to get one that would fit in the smoker. This one seemed a good fit. I've just taken it off, now letting it rest. Have put some almonds on with some chips before I shut it down.
  • yakabot -

Replied to the thread What made you laugh today?.

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He spots a man down below and lowers the balloon to shout: “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.” The man…

Upcoming Events

1. Sat, Aug 25th 2018 - Sun, Aug 26th 2018

Gumb