Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I see slits...I have never worked with puff pastry, so that is going to be the biggest curve...But it is nice to have tutors! I did add about a 1/4 cup of half n half and really whipped it good in the Kitchen-aid!

• Way to much fat in the sausage, I will cook on a wire rack next time so the puff is not soaked in grease, and I will make sure I have a wash so that the puff browns and looks better. But that is one fine sausage! Will get it right tomorrow! index.php

• We will see what happens! I did not roll it out quite enough to do 3...so will be a big seam in the last one! I can see why mom piped it! Ground pork, about 65%/35%...Then the onions, sage, and carrots. index.php index.php index.php index.php index.php

• I agree, would not have known it without this site! Quote from Captain: “And bye the way, That's not a Pie, This is a Pie. ” Well, the pork but is thawed. I am hungry, so I am going to go in and start. Still not sure that 20 minutes in a hot oven in a pork mince will get the carrots and onions to a point where thy will takes good in a sausage, but that is what experimentation is all about! It will take me close to an hour to cut the pork, grind it and get the rest of the prep done, so will check…

• I guess the nicest way to put it is, I am glad none of you were there with me today, I think I would have been embarrassed! We were there at the beginning of the day, right around Noon. Not a lot of crowds. The Embassy did have a small set up, lots od folks wanting to chat with them, all I did was snap a photo... index.php index.php index.php Meat Pie, nice crust, inside tasted nice, but after seeing the real deal here, it simply was disappointing. I heard Dad (more on him below) say it was more…

• Well the day has finally come! You all probably wont even be up before I post a few photos...I believe we have been down graded a bit on Aussie Dignitaries...I believe we have gone from the Ambassador to Embassy personal... The Meat Pie, Sausage & Sausage Rolls obviously, maybe the Waygu kabobs but they may be above the pay grade... Quote from Swamptrout: “Sounds like fun. What are you most excited about? ”

• index.php

• Is that Lasagna? Unconventional shape, but it does look good!

• The start of Corned Beef Hash! index.php index.php

• Look what I scored

Bentley Meredith - - Chew the fat

Yeah, 00 is the Kind! 700g water, 700g flour, 2 tsp. yeast and 3 Tbs EVOO and 48 hours in the fridge and you have some serious Neapolitan dough!

• Off to California.

Bentley Meredith - - Chew the fat

If you are anywhere near Long Beach, I highly recommend my buddy Neil's place. If you do go, say hi from me to him and Phyllis! BigMista's Most GMG stuff is at dealers and they are everywhere...Just about any BBQ Galore. And this is the only other one I would recommend...and I will leave you with the very long comments we all made on the BBQ Crawl we did in 2011! Keep in mind, these comment are from BBQ Competition cooks...Not your average punter! (See I am getting it!) Fall 2011 SoCal Pellethea…

• 7 years, probably 20 BBQ Competitions in that time, I would guess maybe 5k Km in that time in trailers and the moving to and from and not one issue with legs! Quote from Jimmyboy: “I have noticed online some comments (facebook) regarding Weld points on legs giving way (research). where the unit has been moved a lot. ”

• Hector's Menu

Bentley Meredith - - Food Chat

Yeah, Pinks is good, but no food is worth 40 minutes (about how long by the time we got back to car). I was with my SIL and she had never been, I was over Pinks by this time, but we did a bunch of stuff that day. We went by the Chateau Marmont where John Belushi died...yeah, I know. Quote from Captain: “I like chili dogs. But not if takes me an hour to get one. ”

• Hector's Menu

No more Hector...sorry, just ask the mods to delete this stuff, it will not bother me...I got lost in the moment!

• Hector's Menu

This is the 9 inch Stretch from Pink's...The time stamp on the photos gives you an idea of how long the lines are! index.php index.php

• Hector's Menu

Never heard of them putting in those ingredients, but it would not surprise me. None that I have ever had was sweet. But you cant get a good chili fries on the East Coast! Are you telling me you have never had a chili dog?

• OK, like grab me that roast beef sangawich! I get it! I feel better now!

• Hector's Menu

Nope Crisp fries and as you say a thick Greek-American chili w/meat...don't ask me why, Cincinnati, New York, Detroit, Los Angeles...whether it is chili fries, 5 way, or Coney dogs, it is always the Greeks making that wonderful chili!

• I thought that is what a Snag is? Very confused, I thought I was at about 75% of my honorary Aussie citizenship, but I see I am not!