Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 849.

• Wazza has set the standard so here goes. What is the difference between an elephant and a giraffe? Nothing because neither of them can ride a bike (Sunday Times circa 1970 something)

• Good for fish

• Akorn thoughts

Grant Grass Valley - - Chew the fat

As an Akorn user I will watch this with interest.

• Brisket on the Kamado Joe

Grant Grass Valley - - Livestock

I sous vide meat that is cooked to a low temp like tri tip when reheating. With the high temp cuts like brisket or pulled pork I wrap them in alfoil, add some apple juice then seal it up and let it come upon to temp very slowly. I reckon it comes out as good as when fresh. We all have our ways Ta Grant from Grass Valley

Good quality beef shorties are the smaller cut go for me.

Sorry. Just to clarify. In comps we cook with the flat and point together and only separated to carve. That may not have been clear above.

Hi Some parts of brisket will always be drier. Get a real nice sauce and serve as burnt ends with beer for a snack. I don't get the same smoke ring on a kamado as the Weber. Try getting a half to full fist size piece of Mallee root (or other super hard wood) flaming and put it on the top of the lit charcoal. It will smoke for 30 plus minutes once you close the lid and give you some smoke ring. I put smaller bits of jam wood in amongst the charcoal to give little puffs of smoke every now and then…

• R.I.P. Malcom Young

I reckon everyone should go and buy a blue singlet in honour. They last forever, so the memory can continue. I am overseas on holidays but have 5 with me.

• Welcome Bruce.

• R.I.P. Malcom Young

Hi I saw a video of a concert they did in Spain and remember Malcolm wearing a faded blue singlet like he was sitting round a shed in Grass Valley. I have been a major fan since their first album. RIP. Ta Grant from Grass Valley

• Abade de Priscos

Grant Grass Valley - - Sweet Shop

Hi I am in Lisbon and just had a dessert called Abade de Prisco pudding. It is like a custard tart but it has bacon in it. It doesn't taste strongly of bacon although you can just taste it. Apparently it is the fat that gives it is creamy texture. It a really good. Ta Grant from Grass Valley

• I cheated and I like it.

Grant Grass Valley - - Wood

Make a sour dough and leave it in the fridge for a few days.

• Imagine what it is like for me as I get older when I didn't care in the first place.

• Quote from Wazza: “Quote from SilentBoB: “My first attempt at a reverse sear ” This surprised me. I'm also doing a reverse sear tonight. ” Hope you are attempting on the offset? I love tri tip. Not the most tender meat but juicy and tasty. Try the Santa Maria rub.

• I prefer double pineapple. I like it with the salty anchovies and chili. I have friends that think I am mad.

• Hi Paul Look forward to some ongoing info on your curing journey. I am in France now. It is harder to find quality beer at a reasonable price. Happy curing and cooking. Check out the delicatessen section under the forum tab. I think that there is some discussion on curing in there. Ta Grant from Grass Valley

• Welcome

• Quote from Lovey: “Not a theory per se, but 2 sayings I live by. 1 He who expects little in life is seldom disappointed. 2 It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. ” Hi I wish I could get my missus to understand the second one. The first question when we go away is "what are you bringing that for". Answer - you will be glad I did when we need it and more often than not we do.

• Hector's Menu

Grant Grass Valley - - Food Chat

Wow Now I have another story to follow. TA Grant from Grass Valley

• Smoke the cream then make butter. End up with smoked butter and smoked butter milk for your chicken. No gear required, just a flat pan so a fair bit of smoke can get on the surface of the cream. I have done this in the Weber with good results. I know I am preaching to the converted here, but number one is top end, barista coffee. I don't know about over there but there is a fair bit of average at best coffee in Perth. Those with really good coffee have lines of customers. I am definitely coming …