How to get that smoke flavour from your gasser

• Ok, you own a gas BBQ and don't you just hate it when your mate comes over and starts raving about the great smoke flavour from his charcoal or wood fired BBQ?

Wish you could add that smoke flavour?

A-Maze-N and ProQ to the rescue.

The A-Maze-N smoking tubes as an example are great to use for extra smoke.

Click here to read more

Smokers like the A-Maze-N smokers are so good people use them to supplement smoke on their wood pellet BBQs.

Find out more and watch the youtube review.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The pellets are easy to buy online or visit your local BBQ shop.

The wood pellets come in many flavours.

• G'day BBQ Devotee,

Pellets are expensive and produce a dry smoke from the compressed sawdust.
    May I suggest a cheaper and tastier method? Flavoursome Smoke in a Gasser can be achieved by wedging a couple good quality Wood Chunks between a gas burner and the bbq wall, just turn that burner down when wood smoldering starts. You can also place Chunks or Chips on the gas diffuser plate or lava rocks, or put Chips in a Smoker can or tinfoil Burrito Pouch with holes poked in it.
    The best option I have seen is Mo's Smoker Pouch, which can be filled with Chips, Pellets, Crushed Walnut Shells, sawdust, Pecan shells, etc. just place it on the Grill or vertically between 2 burners.

• A-Maze-N has just released two new smoking tubes which expand.

6" - 9" Oval Expanding Tube Smoker
    Produces smoke for up to 2 hours in the 6" position and 3 hours in the 9" position during Cold Smoking or while supplementing smoke @ 225°+ in your grill or smoker.

12" - 18" Oval Expanding Tube Smoker
    Produces smoke for up to 4 hours in the 12" position and 6 hours in the 18" position during Cold Smoking or while supplementing smoke @ 225°+ in your grill or smoker.

• I have a Ziggy twin burner. I simply use one of those cheap stainless steel smoke boxes with wood chips. BBQ Galore have them. I do put it UNDER the plates, resting on the burner...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• @Urban Griller I noticed you now selling the A-maze-n Smoker tubes. Good idea!

Yes and just taken delivery of a new Forge one that is square, so holds a bit more and is $40 ($25 cheaper than the A-Maze-N)

12 inch, 4 hours smoke

• Meh, bugger em. crane in an offset to the balcony mate

That's still not legal on a TFB day.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!