• Hi

Didn't know where to put this, but thought this was as good a spot as any.

I haven't fired the Weber Magnum up for a while, but decided it was now time.

Kicked it off at 11pm last night and put a CG brisket in. Brisket had been marinated in apple cider vinegar, red wine and spices like garlic, onion, pepper and salt. I then dried it off and put a home made rub on it. The rub is predominately pepper and sweet paprika, with onion, garlic, coriander, and a bit of chilli.

Then I put two small pork shoulder roasts I got from Woolies. I didn't get a chance to get a bone in butt from Toodyay, so these will have to do. They were 15 hours marinated in apple cider vinegar and spices. I didn't rub these, just mopping them with the marinade - and yes, Wazza, I boiled the marinade before putting it on.

I went to bed at 12 midnight. The Maverick (yes the same one that kept everyone awake at the Pork and Cider comp) worked beautifully and woke me up at 5am to put some more heat beads and wood in. Back to bed till 7.30am.

Got up and put two chickens on the top shelf and painted them with some Peri Peri sauce.

All still going. Magnum sitting nicely between 200 and 225f. I will get the Pork out soon and crutch it to bring it up to 190f. The brisket is still only at 149f.

Can't take photos inside this thing so will have to rely on words to paint a picture.

Plenty of meat to eat this weekend, especially considering we are having fish Taco's for tonight's dinner. Got a big fillet of dhufish to use and home made corn tortillas.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Hi

Going to a party in Perth tomorrow and I have to bring the meat. There will be enough left over though for us during the week.

Pork nearly done. Brisket in crutch and chickens almost there.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Didn't know where to put this, but thought this was as good a spot as any.

This location is fine, but don't forget to use tags. Then we'll be able to find it under Brisket, Pork, Chicken, Weber, etc.

I hope to see some photos of the finished goods. Sounds like a feast! ;)

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Hi

I must learn to do that. Good idea.

The brisket came out beautiful, but took 17 hours. The pulled pork came out good as well.

The chickens didn't have quite enough flavour. I was toning down the chilli for the people we are partying with today, but maybe a bit too much.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

• How big was the brisket?

Lucky bugger, fresh dhu fish. We had to make do with crispy skin salmon which I'm afraid to say I slightly overcooked.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• How big was the brisket?

Lucky bugger, fresh dhu fish. We had to make do with crispy skin salmon which I'm afraid to say I slightly overcooked.

The brisket was big. Don't know how big but 1/3 of it fed 3 drunk blokes, 3 half drink women and a 17 year old.

Ta

Grant from Grass Valley

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!