New Weber product - Kamado ?!?

• I wouldn't pay the USA price if it was in Aussie dollars so no chance am I ever going to own one, I'm actually on the lookout for a cheap kamado/akorn style cooker atm but yeah it's going to be interesting to see the price down in Australia considering the price disparity with the kettle's between Aus and USA.

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• I wouldn't pay the USA price if it was in Aussie dollars so no chance am I ever going to own one, I'm actually on the lookout for a cheap kamado/akorn style cooker atm but yeah it's going to be interesting to see the price down in Australia considering the price disparity with the kettle's between Aus and USA.

There's an unused Akorn on Gumtree - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/canning-v…oker/1112124472

They say they got it as an unwanted gift. I'd say they picked it up during the $250 fire sale so I'd counter with an offer around that figure.

• Baby Back Maniac has done some interesting reviews about the Summit.

He has quite a few BBQs including a Komodo Kamado.

The Summit is a Kamado

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Summit vs Big Green Egg XL

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Summit Charcoal efficiency

Pulled Pork Showdown - Summit vs Slow 'n' Sear 27" Kettle

This is a great promo to buy a Slow'n'Sear for your Kettle. It is quite an ironic video. He has spent so much on buying the Summit and with the much cheaper Slow'n'Sear Kettle set-up he can't make up his mind which is better. In the previous video he was raving about the Summit being his best BBQ, even better than his Komodo.

Edited once, last by 12x7 (October 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM).

• Available in Australia?
    And i would say $$$$

Urbangriller sells the Slow'n'Sear and I haven't seen a Summit in a shop.

The Summit vs the BGE is an interesting comparison if you were to go into a Bunnings and look at their Chargriller Akorn vs the ceramic.

The Slow'n'Sear vs the Summit review provides an interesting perspective if a person really likes cooking with briquettes the Kettle way and is wondering if going to a Kamado is the next BBQ or something else.

Edited once, last by 12x7 (October 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM).

• The Summit is going through approvals for OZ at the moment...as usual it's the GAS approval (for the charcoal starter) that is holding it up! If it's OK for the US it should just be automatic here....but as usual, too many bureaucrats reinventing the wheel to justify their existence!....it'll be YEARS!!!

• Will the slow in sear fit into the Akorn might be a good accessory if it fits

It shouldn't be needed in an Akorn or kamado style cooker. It's the kettles which are hard to get low and slow and it's perfect for them. Akorns etc do it as a natural function.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• That comparison video between summit and slow and sear was good. Dunno why they just don't make a snake... I actually read a comment on a forum somewhere that a user was having trouble with the SnS maintaining temp, swapped to the snake and never looked back. That's the only negative review I have seen; everyone else loves the SnS.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• Those vids are good, he's mildly amusing. But US$2000, good luck selling even one. If you want a metal Kamado spend AU$500 on an Akorn.

Weber sometimes live in cloud cuckoo land with some of their pricing.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!