New Weber product - Kamado ?!?

• So Weber(US) have been teasing us for a while about their new "Grill of a lifetime", all will be revealed on April 6 - If you want to be one of the first to know sign up to the mailing list here: http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime

Word on the street is it will be a metal Kamado of some sort, and judging by the videos I would have to say it looks like the grapevine is on the money. However that definitely looks like a knob(gas) on the right hand side in the last promo video.

They seem to be hyping it up a fair bit through a few teaser video's and pictures on their social media pages both via Facebook and Instagram.

Pictures:

Videos:

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content

Will be interesting to see what they have come up with!

P.S. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere I did a search and nothing popped up, if it has feel free to delete mods.

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• Maybe a Kamado with a gas assist start like that seen in the Performer series kettles...

adding onto that, adjustable heights. Slotted kettle and lid for skewers, adjustable holes on lid a little more to the sides to suck that smoke over the food more predominantly. Kettle can be used as more a hot box and weber design there own offset style grill? ?

Edited once, last by Felipe (March 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM).

• Well that was a bit of a flop....

Basically an insulated kettle with gas starter and a metal deflector, with the price either $1699 US for just the cooker alone or a whopping $2299 US for the grilling centre which included the table I would be firmly sticking to kamado's.

Just my 2c but I think weber have missed the mark with this one.

This is the blurb for them:

e new Summit® charcoal grill and Summit® charcoal grilling center (MSRP: $1,699 and $2,299 respectively) will be available at select specialty retailers beginning April 6, 2016. Consumers can visit http://www.weber.com to find a dealer in their area.

"We are so excited to bring these new grills to our customers—providing true convection cooking that only Weber's trademarked round shape can provide," said Kim Lefko, Chief Marketing Officer, Weber-Stephen Products LLC. "Charcoal grill owners interested in smoking, and gas grill owners who long for the taste of charcoal now have the best of both worlds available to them."

Designed to provide ultimate control and hold steady temperatures for more than 10 hours of cooking, the Weber Summit charcoal grill will incorporate many unique features including multi-zone heat options, a hinged diffuser plate, a two-position fuel grate, an insulated lid and bowl for less charcoal consumption and better heat retention, and a slow cook/smoke bowl damper set-up that allows for three bottom vent positions.

• Too bad, it looks like it has some nice ideas, but that doesn't matter when it is unaffordable! US$1699 is AU$2264 ....before the import costs! OUCH!

No idea if it will be available in Australia....but unlikely at the moment!

• People have been buying the Summit in the US.

I was reading the adventures by one new owner and found it a bit odd though that the owner had spent $1,600 on the Summit and was cooking a 99c/pound pork and was wondering why it wasn't that good...

• Interesting. I get increasing the size of the cooking space. I suppose the over all look seems like a natural progression.
    In regards to having the cooking surface adjustable that's a real tick also.

But, there are a few tricks on a normal kettle that allows you to have 2 different heat temp zones for this, also is it actually adjustable as you cook? I couldn't quite tell from that review on "amazing ribs".

But the larger shape is a step in the right direction, the price is not. ......but im a webber lover, so I'm not bagging it out. Just not that much thought seems to have gone into it concidering you can do everything on a normal kettle that it offers now, be it more convenient now i assume.

Seriously no more than a 30 min chat with commited Webber junkies would of got the improvements or upgrades necessary....
    Jesus, ,I must of missed there call :P

• Seen this floating around the last week or so, does seem to be fairly efficient! Would like to see the test redone with A) Food in there B) Lump Charcoal.

External Content www.youtube.com

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• It looks like it is as efficient at using charcoal as an XL ceramic Kamado with similar run-times. A pity that when it lands in Oz it will be probably be nearly three times the cost of an XL from Costco or 15 Akorngate Kamados. That's a lot of charcoal to "save" to recover the cost.

Edited once, last by 12x7 (May 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!