Smoked & Roast Lamb on the Weber

• On Easter Sunday, I ran 2 webers at once as the inlaws wanted one smoked leg and one normal roast. Both turned out beautiful and the table was most certainly full.

Preparing the meat with oil, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.

On the weber with a few paprika that could use a little smoke also.

Took about 3.5hrs and came up a treat.

Table looked good and a beautiful family meal was enjoyed by all.

Instagram: @urban_pit_master
    Twitter: @mackerelmatt
    Big city food, cooked in the backyard. You can taste love in food...

• Why one of each?

Looks great by the way. I want that shank.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The family insisted there had to be a 'traditional' lamb, I insisted that there had to be a smoked one. Easy solution and the plus of more BBQ.

Instagram: @urban_pit_master
    Twitter: @mackerelmatt
    Big city food, cooked in the backyard. You can taste love in food...

• The family insisted there had to be a 'traditional' lamb, I insisted that there had to be a smoked one. Easy solution and the plus of more BBQ.

Fair enough, but that now raises the question, which one was finished first?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• You know which one was finished first....

My in laws are Italian, and I'm usually commissioned to prepare the traditional Easter Lamb. I don't tell them how I prepared it or give an option, I just do what I like then watch it get devoured. Some my efforts include:

Kettle roasted rolled double loin, stuffed with feta, sundried tomatoes, and basil pesto

Pulled lamb shoulder smoked with olive wood, marinated in garlic, rosemary, red wine and soy sauce

Slow roasted pot roast (WFO, redgum) lamb leg with fennel, lemon rind, onions and yoghurt

Tunnel boned lamb leg, stuffed with Calabrese olives, smoke roasted (grape vine & charcoal) on a trivet of balsamic potatoes.

Spit roasted whole lamb, injection marinated in paprika, oregano, white wine and olive oil. Basted with seasoned salt, lemon juice and rosemary brush.

• I pulled them off at the same time, both were just plain roasted, just one hit with Hickory for the first hour.

Sorry, bad wording of the question on my part. Just for my curiosity, which one was eaten first / the most? Smoked or non smoked?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!