• Ok So I was looking at the ALDI specials and this has popped up

ALDI Gas Smoker

Just wondering if the rumours are true and this is similar to the HARK gas smoker ?

Also has anyone converted one of these to a charcoal smoker ?

I have read some reviews on the last time these were for sale and it appears it was a coolabah gas smoker last time.

• Looks like a straight copy of the newer Hark 2 door model and should be a good pickup at that price. Jan and I have had one of the older single door Harks for a few years now and it's been sensational. Yes we love it and yes we're one eyed about it! haha.

We have had a lot of success with ours and would recommend them to anyone wanting to have a dabble at low and slow. You could run one on charcoal without too much modification but not sure if it is necessary. There is a cabinet style smoker on the market now around the same shape and size that runs on charcoal so that may be a better option ? see over here.... Entry Level Charcoal Box Smoker

We have posted a few of our cooks on ours which will give you an idea of how the go..... http://smokefireandfood.com/forum/index.ph…&highlight=Hark

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought gas would be easier to use than charcoal? Assuming gas goes low enough surely it would just hold temp without having to worry about charcoal burning out?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Thanks Beachbums

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought gas would be easier to use than charcoal? Assuming gas goes low enough surely it would just hold temp without having to worry about charcoal burning out?

Hi Wazza,

The Gas would be easier to manager but I have the charcoal bug and this seems like a cheap option that I could convert easily to charcoal ( I hope).

I love my pork ribs and want to be able to smoke more ribs than I can in my Weber. Also limited on space to store it

• Ok So I was looking at the ALDI specials and this has popped up

ALDI Gas Smoker

Just wondering if the rumours are true and this is similar to the HARK gas smoker ?

Also has anyone converted one of these to a charcoal smoker ?

I have read some reviews on the last time these were for sale and it appears it was a coolabah gas smoker last time.

When you buy an Aldi Gas Smoker, you will find the Hark warranty details inside the box, so Same-Same...different badge!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!