• Interesting addition Steve, I'll be interested to see what you think after it gets a run.

Just a suggestion - Instead of linking the picture to photo bucket, try uploading direct to the post. You can then make it a thumbnail which expands when a reader clicks on it. The link to photobucket took time to load here so the other method would prevent that. Instructions are at the top of the forum Welcome area.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• After finding the warmer & cooler spots in the DC, I've been thinking of something similar for the DC, but not sure if the small chamber really needs it or not.

It's not like there's a huge variation either - it's just that wings spread out cook a minute or 2 faster in some areas than others, and a more even heat means less work (and more eating time!)

Weber Kettle Fanatic....
    Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
    Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
    GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
    Weeknight special: Q200
    Problem? What problem? :P

• The Don Gotke Down Draft was $48 shipping from US was a bit more than the part. Other than the fancy laser cut name, would be very easy to make one. Will see how it goes later in the week and post findings. Temp evened out across the grill, interested to see if I get more smoke and lower pellet burn as most report.

Cheers
    Steve

• Just a suggestion - Instead of linking the picture to photo bucket, try uploading direct to the post. You can then make it a thumbnail which expands when a reader clicks on it. The link to photobucket took time to load here so the other method would prevent that. Instructions are at the top of the forum Welcome area.

tried attaching pics as suggested, pics on my iPhone appear to exceed the 1mb size. Am I doing something incorrectly or do I link from photobucket?

• This one came from my PC and is 1.5MB

I then tried from my iphone and it said the file is too big and the max is 1MB so you need to change the size (which you can do easily with an app like Simple Resize) or upload from the PC. It must be a setting somewhere which prevents files larger than 1MB from being uploaded by phone. Maybe it's to help limit data usage on the users network ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• This board uses some special technology to automatically resize pictures. It relies on the device of the person doing the upload. PC's and Android have the necessary bits that allow the auto resizing, unfortunately i devices seem to not have them, which requires manual resizing before uploading. As Gumb suggested the app simple resizing should do the trick. Photobucket is also fine, but you won't be able to drag the bottom right hand side of the picture to restrict how big it actually looks in the post.

• Hmmm - Like minds.
    Just fitted the downdraft mod after hacking it further.
    Got the one from Pellet Grill Accessories & just happened to have a mate who was in the states for a holiday & he kindly brought it back for me.
    Thought I'd got the one with the exhaust level vent but it wasn't to be so I hacked a hole with an angle grinder - not the neatest of jobs but it'll get the job done.

I was going to try making one myself - they are very simple - but after starting to do some pricing & having a good friend it was simpler to just buy it.

• Not yet - only just installed it.
    Had it for 6 weeks sitting on the table - finally got sick of seeing & did the mod & installed.
    Also cleaned the deflector & installed the front shelf - gotta clean the grills.

Got a pork knuckle to do tonight - debating Kamado or GMG

Think the GMG will win but the Kamado is looking at me with big sad eyes

• It's only small but there are real world dangers with galvanizing and food, cadmium, nickel, zinc are all heavy metals which accumulate in the body.

Just information for you to use which ever way you choose.

There's a reason oven racks are stainless. I'm with you on this one Muppet, small chance, maybe it won't get hot enough for it to give off the fumes, but personally I'd think long and hard.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!