Brined Chicken in a kamado

• One of my favourites is brined chicken and for commercial brine mixes, I can't go past Oak Ridge Game Changer Brine mix. I have have no commercial interest, I just like the stuff)
    I mixed up a half strength batch and got a good quality free range chook (Bannockburn is great) and used a zip lock bag to hold it all together.

The bag was then placed in to a saucepan and the whole thing put in the fridge for 4 hours

The kamado was lit with the aim of taking the internal tempo to around 150c, which is sort of a lowish roasting temperature.

The video of the cook is in the videos section here: Brined Chicken in a kamado

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!