Which are the best ribs?

• Official Post

Which are your favourite ribs? 25

1. Pork (12) 48%
    2. Beef (11) 44%
    3. Lamb/Mutton (2) 8%

Ok, so a quick poll till the end of the month to gauge opinions regarding ribs.

Please note that this is a subjective question and there is no right or wrong answer.

Just pick your favourite and if you like, describe how you like them done. Why you think they're the best.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Official Post

I like them all, but if I had to pick only one it would have to be pork ribs.

I like them most when they have a bit of chew to them as opposed to when the meat falls off the bone. I also prefer them savoury rather than sweet.

For me savoury pork ribs are the most satisfying to chomp through.

• I voted for Lamb / Mutton. Mutton so much better than lamb. I know I will not win this one, biggest problem is how many people have actually had mutton ribs? I am also in the lucky situation where I can knock off my own mutton and cut it up how I want. On a couple of occasions I have put the mutton ribs up against cape grim briskets and people have been torn between the two, but perhaps my experience with farm kill is not realistic in the poll?

Mind you, looking at the pics that have been posted up here lately, if any of you want to stick a plate of whatever ribs you are cooking under my nose, I will be happy to make them disappear. :yum)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• A good Beef Back Rib...no other even compares. I think you guys are more into the Beef Plate Short Rib...very meaty, but for me, the Beef Back is the one! As long as it is not fingered to Death!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Cape Grim beef ribs for me

I would however like to give some lamb ribs a go!

Traeger lil tex - 22.5" WSM pellet pro conversion - 18.5" WSM - Weber OTG -Weber Go anywhere - Weber Q220 - BBQ Guru - Pitmaster IQ 110 - Smokenator - Vortex - Masterbuilt 560

• Yep. Can't go past Cape grim beefies for me. Rubbed down with some salt, pepper, onion, garlic... Maybe some other spices thrown in if it takes my fancy. cooked naked for a crunchy bark paired with a tender juicy interior. No sauce required!

• As much as I love beef ribs, and without the meaty pork ribs we'd all love to get our hands on, in my opinion lamb ribs take a lot of beating!

Now that's it right there.

3 posts in and Jamosgrill knows more than all you muppets (and that is not a sledge aimed at @Muppet). :D

Mate they look great, firstly welcome aboard. Secondly how did you cook them. I'm seeing a smoke ring and some shiny juiciness.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• You may be a little biased @Wazza :nana:

Bloody sheep farmers :nana:

he he, I can live with that..... :thumbup:

To be honest, some of the pics I see around here, if a plate of those were put in front of me I don't care what they are, but I know they'll be gone pretty quickly.

• If the quality is there on the meats, then I'd choose beef. It's just so epic, and decadent.

Only caveat is that I couldn't eat them every day, or even week for that matter - they're just to rich!

Though I could go pork ribs every week for sure!

• Now that's it right there.

3 posts in and Jamosgrill knows more than all you muppets (and that is not a sledge aimed at @Muppet). :D

Mate they look great, firstly welcome aboard. Secondly how did you cook them. I'm seeing a smoke ring and some shiny juiciness.

Thanks for that, lamb ribs are my favourite. I smoked them up on my newish gmg db courtesy of urbangriller, and finished off with some home-made sauce on the weber q. Still getting the hang of it but having fun doing so. I suppose I should head over to the introductions and write a post, but couldn't resist commenting on this topic.

GMG Daniel Boone Wifi - Weber Q300 - Weber GA - Fireboard :bbq:

• I suppose I should head over to the introductions and write a post, but couldn't resist commenting on this topic.

Please do, it's a great way for us all to get to know each other.

Also please vote for lamb in this poll, the muppets are killing me.... :D

• hey Waz, I just noticed you've moved up the ranks again and are a Flame master. :D

great effort and thanks for all your support sine the early days of this forum, the place wouldn't be the same without your input.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!