• Oh man, I didn't need to see that right now! It's too early for lunch! :yum)

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• The only thing I would add is some mashed potatoe, But I am being picky looks yum m8 :yum)

Steinyboys!!! No No No! mashed potatoes with bacon and sausages? Eggs, yes, but spuds just no.

• Hi

Do you just seal those bags to marinate in rather than vac'seal. All looks great. I need to make bacon again. Did you use the same marinade for the sausages.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Hi

Do you just seal those bags to marinate in rather than vac'seal. All looks great. I need to make bacon again. Did you use the same marinade for the sausages.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

With those bags you just put the pork belly and cure inside and squeeze all the air out then seal it and give it a good massage and flip once a day. If you have a vac sealer you could use that instead but the ziplock bags do the trick.

Different recipes for the sausages and the maple bacon.

The maple bacon took 7 days to cure, the sausages I added the curing salt to some water and added that to the meat mix the night before, cased them and then let them sit over night in the fridge.

The sausages had salt, curing salt, garlic, pepper, mustard powder and a bit of non-fat milk powder. You can add pretty much whatever you want though.

• Much like a German or Polish sausage, some of my favorites! If you like a mild breakfast sausage, there is chicken one I do with apple and cinnamon...It is pretty taste with eggs and potato's!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• I've been collecting sausage making gear for a few months. If someone would like to start a sausage thread including basic techniques and or recipes I'd for one be interested. All I have for now is the craft of salting and smoking to go by.

• Much like a German or Polish sausage, some of my favorites! If you like a mild breakfast sausage, there is chicken one I do with apple and cinnamon...It is pretty taste with eggs and potato's!

Yep I loosely based these on a couple of polish recipes I saw floating around. The chicken ones with apple and cinnamon sound great!

I've been collecting sausage making gear for a few months. If someone would like to start a sausage thread including basic techniques and or recipes I'd for one be interested. All I have for now is the craft of salting and smoking to go by.

Just dive on in mate. This was my first attempt just using the mincing and stuffing attachment I got with my Kenwood mixer. The only thing is I may have overstuffed them a little as the skins peeled off a bit during the cook but they still turned out great. As long as you get the filling right you can't really stuff them up too much, you'll still have plenty of edible sausage meat no matter the result :)

Hi
    What does the non fat milk powder do. I just put beer, meat and spices in mine.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

The milk powder acts as a binder and from what little I read it also helps with the 'juiciness' of the sausage and makes up for some of the leaner pork meat we get here. Not sure how true that is but I was happy with the end result here so I'll probably do it again (I have a bag of milk powder to get through now anyway :D )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!