Pork Ribs - Weber Performer

• Hadn't cooked any ribs for ages and asked my lovely wife to pick me some up to cook for dinner. The ribs were from Coles and as skinny as they get but who am I to complain.

My brother gave me some Weber KC Rub last time he was back from California so I thought I would give it a go. Trimmed up the ribs and applied a fair bit of the rub.

Got the Weber steady on 245f with the snake and chunks of mesquite smoking away nicely. Water pan in the bottom and a casual spritz with apple juice, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce.

After 3 hours I wrapped with the spritz mix and a little Sweet Baby Rays.

Finished them off unwrapped to get a decent bark and basted with some more sauce.

They were not bad at all ft supermarket ribs and the bit was clean, if not a little too clean. The Weber KC Rub had a great, sweet and spicy flavor and I can't wait to hit a pork shoulder with a ton and give that a try.

#urbanpitmaster

Instagram: @urban_pit_master
    Twitter: @mackerelmatt
    Big city food, cooked in the backyard. You can taste love in food...

• Official Post

Ribs.....one of the best BBQ dishes ! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!