GMG Server mode available

• I could be wrong here as I haven't used one in wifi mode but doesn't the GMG have it's own network ? In that case you'd connect your phone to it and have to connect back to your home network when done, which is what you are doing so i think all is well.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• When my phone's is on, Once i turn the gmg on, my phone picks it up and its good to go. When connected i am still able to do other things on my phone. Calls, internet, get on here etc.

Is this what you mean ray?

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

Edited once, last by Swamptrout (April 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM).

• Once i hook my GMG to my WIFI, if i want to use my phone for anything internet related, i have to change back to my WIFI in settings... Is this normal?

Hi Ray,
    I think you may be connecting your phone to the GMG wifi network, which is why you can't access anything other than the BBQ. You should do this in the first instance of use, but then you should change the GMG configuration so that it can connect to your house wifi.
    Once you've done that your phone should be able to find the GMG through the house wifi connection, which will also allow your phone to access the internet.

• When connected i am still able to do other things on my phone. Calls, internet, get on here etc.

Your phone will connect to the internet via the phone network if not connected via wifi. Same as when you are out and about.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• When my phone's is on, Once i turn the gmg on, my phone picks it up and its good to go. When connected i am still able to do other things on my phone. Calls, internet, get on here etc.

Is this what you mean ray?

When I'm cooking, my phone is either hooked to the BBQ or I have to switch to my home internet in settings...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• There are 3 modes.
    1. Broadcast mode- this is the default when you turn on your grill, the GMG routes a wireless point to point network you directly connect to with your device. As such, you are not connected to the internet, only your GMG. Once you have this connection you can move on to WiFi or Server modes.
    2. WiFi mode- by activating this in settings, the grill stops broadcasting its own network and joins your home network. It takes a few minutes to handshake with your modem, be patient. Once connected you can surf the net and control your grill.
    3. Server mode- same as WiFi mode but you don't have to be connected to the same network (e.g you can leave your house)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• As an iPhone user, the biggest problem in the past has been once connected to the grill, if the phone ever auto locks (e.g the app goes into the background), or you close the app and reopen it, the connection is lost and it can't recover without a reset. I've updated a few times since purchase and this issue has definitely got better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• so I'm thinking i may have to check what version my GMG is running. Last cook, had issues with connecting to WIFI before i started cooking. Then i lost connection during the cook and it took :censored: forever to be able to reconnect....
    Also, when i turn my GMG on, it DOESE NOT show up in my WIFI connections on my phone... :shrug::shrug:

• Did an nupdate of Friday night. Does anyone understand how the NEW tepm adjustment works in the settings? Very different and can now adjust the food probe temp too :shrug::shrug: ... Any help would be welcome!

• Official Post

Does anyone understand how the NEW tepm adjustment works in the settings? Very different and can now adjust the food probe temp too ... Any help would be welcome!

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, but I think the adjustment idea is that if you have a third party controller that is reading the temp as a few degrees either side of the GMG set temp (perhaps more accurate or in a different location in the grill) you can adjust the GMG to be a few degrees hotter or colder than what it's temp sensor detects. That way you can still set the right cooking temp.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!