• I don't think I can go back to pork ribs. Picked up some beef back ribs today. Had one rack dry with just rub and the other rack I finished with a bourbon honey glaze.

That other huunk of meat in the second pic is some maple bacon I smoked today as well

• Awesome ribs SB. This thread reminded me to check the results of our poll: Which are the best ribs?

Pork ribs 13
    Beef ribs 11
    Lamb/mutton ribs 2

So close! And we had our biggest poll turnout yet with 26 SFaF members voting. Clearly ribs are close to our hearts (pardon the pun)

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• They look the goods mate! Are they Troy's ribs ? I did some yesterday, they're bloody awesome hey, especially for the price, he was practically giving them away this weekend!

Was actually surprised with how much meat is on them, the pics just don't do them justice, will definitely be giving a glaze of some sort a go next time, I usually just go a dry rub on the beefies but the glazed ones look amazing!

Have you tried his other meat ? I bought some of the sliced rump he had sitting there this weekend, it was awesome, some of the best I have had in recent times, especially given it was going at $12/kg, still got a big tri-tip and a rump cap there too that I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to at some point during the week.

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• They look the goods mate! Are they Troy's ribs ? I did some yesterday, they're bloody awesome hey, especially for the price, he was practically giving them away this weekend!

Was actually surprised with how much meat is on them, the pics just don't do them justice, will definitely be giving a glaze of some sort a go next time, I usually just go a dry rub on the beefies but the glazed ones look amazing!

Have you tried his other meat ? I bought some of the sliced rump he had sitting there this weekend, it was awesome, some of the best I have had in recent times, especially given it was going at $12/kg, still got a big tri-tip and a rump cap there too that I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to at some point during the week.

Yep, got them off Troy. Couldn't resist at the price he was offering.

I haven't tried any of his other stuff yet but will definitely be going back. Really want to give one of his briskets a go, they looked great but it will be a little while before I do another brisket I think (still have some chopped up point from my last cape grim cook sitting in the freezer.

Will probably hit him up for some tri-tip though in the next week or two and/or potentially a hump if he gets more in.

• Much prefer beef back ribs although Id not knock back the pork.
    Price wise, You are better off with beef short ribs. However the back ribs are more finger lickin.
    They cost me the same each per kg @ $10 for black angus and if you boned each out from the same weight, There is more meat on the shorties.
    Great looking feed SB

• Yep, got them off Troy. Couldn't resist at the price he was offering.
    I haven't tried any of his other stuff yet but will definitely be going back. Really want to give one of his briskets a go, they looked great but it will be a little while before I do another brisket I think (still have some chopped up point from my last cape grim cook sitting in the freezer.

Will probably hit him up for some tri-tip though in the next week or two and/or potentially a hump if he gets more in.

Who is this 'Troy' with the great meat prices you speak of?

Instagram: @urban_pit_master
    Twitter: @mackerelmatt
    Big city food, cooked in the backyard. You can taste love in food...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!