AUPLEX Kamado Grills Ceramic BBQ

• I received an email this afternoon from Vivian Zhu Marketing Manager of http://www.auplexbbq.com/

Hello,

Bunnings have bought our kamado bbq grills for their this New Season sales, Bunnings is the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products in Australia and New Zealand.
    AUPLEX is largest kamado ceramic bbq grill manufacturer in China, for high end market oversea. We are looking for vendors of outdoor bbq grill products to DIY Stores,garden centers etc. in Australia or New Zealand market.

Sounds interesting

Spiral

Kamado Joe Classic, Big Steel Keg, Flaming Coals Cyprus Spit Deluxe, GMG Daniel Boon, Bullockhead Creek Smoker

• Official Post

These look like the same type that used to be brought in by Bear Grills and Smoke King BBQs but neither seem to sell kamado type cookers anymore. It's the same stand and the shelves look similar. There's a company called Trend Living Comfort still selling them on ebay so it will be interesting to see what price Bunnings comes up with. Costco also have a ceramic kamado but I haven't been there for a while and i'm not sure if they still stock them.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I'm guessing Bunnings could stock both. The Akorn will be the entry level budget Kamado and the Auplex will be the more "premium" model they sell.

Shows that low and slow is starting to take off though if Bunnings do stock two different kamados and a cheap offset! (the chargriller)

Moving away from the days of just popping down to your local bunnings for a cheap 4 burner for the backyard for when you have parties and need something to throw a bunch of snags on :D

• Costco also have a ceramic kamado but I haven't been there for a while and i'm not sure if they still stock them.

They still had them a couple of days ago. Best giant Kamado under $1,000 I reckon.

• Auplex makes a wide range of Kamados.

The warning is you get what you pay for.

One of the cheaper lines is ok based on what you pay for it. Customers have complained about gaskets that burn out in a short time, lid out of alignment, lid over sized and lower damper problems. The lid alignment problem is due to weak springs/hinge assembly which allows quite a bit of lateral movement of the lid. This is "fixed" by adding a lid stopper to the design. The Kamados still cooked ok. Just a bit leaky and people had to replace gaskets. It might explain why when Bear Grills used to sell them he used to promote he was not satisfied with the hinge assembly of the base model he looked at and ordered the upgraded hinge assembly for the ones he sold.

So the motto with the Auplex Kamados is they can produce really good Kamados and average ones. It all depends on what the buyer specs are.

So what model/s will Bunnings import?

Auplex keeps releasing new videos on how they test their Kamado by pouring water on them when they are hot.

This is one of my favourites as during the testing a train whistle blasts in the background so you have a Kamado "steam engine"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!