• I just purchased a Traeger Pro 22 - hope I made the right decision - after reading this....

I've never used one, but I'm sure it'll be great. I've seen lots of yummy food cooked on Traeger pellet grills, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Welcome to the forum malceb, I look forward to seeing the Traeger in action.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Hi,

I just purchased a Traeger Pro 22 - hope I made the right decision - after reading this....

Lam

Hi Malceb,

I've got a traegar and love it. Just cooked for 50 odd people on the weekend in it. You can load them up and they do their thing really well.

Get using it and you'll see what I mean, and don't forget to post up the photos.

Here's a pic from last Sat to give you an idea.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Hi Malceb,

I've got a traegar and love it. Just cooked for 50 odd people on the weekend in it. You can load them up and they do their thing really well.

Get using it and you'll see what I mean, and don't forget to post up the photos.

Here's a pic from last Sat to give you an idea.

Half way through assembling it now.... ill finish tomorrow and post some pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Anyone who has read the GMG manual will know it suggests to drop temp back down to 150f/66c after doing a high temp cook, i am sure a lot of people dont as its a pain to sit around waiting. I solved this by creating a profile named "Cool Down" that sets the grill temp to 150F/66c for five minutes, then turns off (via fan mode). Because the 5 minute timer doesn't begin until the target temp is reached, this provides the soft-landing cooldown and shutoff. When done cooking, whatever the temp, I just start the Cool Down profile and walk away.

Something to think about :thumbup:

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Anyone who has read the GMG manual will know it suggests to drop temp back down to 150f/66c after doing a high temp cook, i am sure a lot of people dont as its a pain to sit around waiting. I solved this by creating a profile named "Cool Down" that sets the grill temp to 150F/66c for five minutes, then turns off (via fan mode). Because the 5 minute timer doesn't begin until the target temp is reached, this provides the soft-landing cooldown and shutoff. When done cooking, whatever the temp, I just start the Cool Down profile and walk away.

Something to think about :thumbup:

:clap::clap: . Clever

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!