Weber bbqs and more at Costco

• No I didn't. Even though it's only $50 I just don't know when I'd use it as I already have a Weber Go Anywhere for that purpose. Also they didn't have one out of the box and TBH I'd have to see and feel it.

• See what happens when Bunnings start selling them.....competition.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Over the last few years there's been many members who've bought them and I've never seen a bad report. Most of the ceramic kamados are made in the same place anyway and got going here after BBQs Galore stopped selling the Big Green Egg. I got mine about 6 years ago (I think) and it was one of the first brought out by Pinnacle wholesalers in Ballarat and was about $800 back then. It's fine and done hundreds of roasts, pizzas, pulled pork, brisket, fish, and now, bacon and eggs, you name it, it's been in there. Last count in the old forum was well over 30 members got one and again, no issues. Then Bear Grills and Smoke King BBQs started selling them on ebay and again, no bad reports. There's very little that can go wrong other than overheating it and potentially cracking it but cases of that are non existent as far as I can recall. I did see one guy post a picture of his new ceramic in bits when he dropped it down the back stairs though. :eek: Even then, they can be stuck back together with the right cement.

Costco give you a warranty too so there's no need to worry about them not doing the job. If you're planning to get a ceramic, that one for $800 is a bloody good deal. It's bigger than the standard size and there's been a few times I've wished i had more grill space but I have the grill extender so that usually sorts it out, and then there's the Weber Q, Weber kettle or Hark offset if I'm really feeding an army.

So in summary, they work, they're cheap as chips to run, cook without having to be watched (unlike an offset), they do a great job keeping food moist and they last.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I thought as much just had a mate in Brissy ask me what they were like. I told him to buy one

You'd better tell him to join up in here too. ^^

• Has anyone bought one of these Pitboss Kamadoes?? Any reviews by forum members?

I've got one, and have not had a problem with it - and think for the money, that it is great value.
    If I had my time over again, I wouldn't have made a different decision, except to wait till the price was current one (I paid $990) It's a champ and holds rock solid temps.

I made some small tweaks to have it operating as I prefer:
    - I bought a ceramic stone to use as a heat deflector.
    - I removed the from vent and adjusted it to fit tighter.
    - bought a large stainless steel colander (brand is Trenton, I believe) to use in the firebox. It makes clean up so much easier.
    - general adjustments to improve fit and finish.

• I used a cheap one once, which was quite thin and it split it two on the first use, although I did let the thing get out of control and the fire was concentrated on one spot. I'd suggest the Weber Q pizza stone as a good option.

• An alum pizza tray will do as an interim deflector until you get one though.

Yep, got them too, with the holes in them and they work quite well.

• This could be an issue unless someone has found an answer. The Smoke king is too small from what I can see (18" or 21") online and the other link is a store in the USA and historically, postage can be prohibitive and they may not do it anyway.

Why Costco sell a kamado without a deflector is beyond me. It shows that whoever does the buying for them has NFI about how it works. A kamado without a deflector is only half a BBQ.

• What are these like to use on the pitboss kamado?
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/pi…-24-inch-kamado
    http://www.smokekingbbqs.com.au/product/fcs_large/
    Anyone else selling them??
    My mate has never cooked low and slow and i have told him to buy a deflector plate,but dont know which brand to recommend to him for that model kamado.

The Smoke KIng BBQ flexible cooking system is a good price at $90. It is not much more than just buying a deflector and you get extra grills as well as the deflector. If you bought the Kamado Joe version you pay alot more.

Here's some links to the Kamado Joe version so you can see how it works

http://www.kamadojoe.com/divide-conquer/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From the videos you can see what you can do with the half deflectors and grills. eg two zone cooking and cooking at different levels away from the fire. This is really flexible!

• This could be an issue unless someone has found an answer. The Smoke king is too small from what I can see (18" or 21") online and the other link is a store in the USA and historically, postage can be prohibitive and they may not do it anyway.

The Kamado Big Joe is 24".

Maybe a visit to BBQ Galores to have a look at the Divide and Conquer for the Big Joe might be the answer. If it doesn't fit you can take it back.

http://www.kamadojoe.com/grills/big-joe…9-9b46e803-aca9

TECHNICAL SPECS

• Dimensions: 50” W x 54” H x 31” D
    • Cooking Surface: 24” diameter / 452 sq. in.
      - With Grill Expander: 604 sq. in.
      - With Two Sets of Grates: 904 sq. in.
      - With Both Grates & Grills Expander: 1,056 sq. in.
    • Weight: 250 lbs.
    • Heat Range: 225°F – 750°F

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!