Brahman Hump...

• Cooked my 1st one today, 250f over cherry wood for 8 hours, last hour cranked it up to 275f as it was starting to get cold and dark outside.
    Served it sliced over creamy parmesan polenta with a port & brandy reduction. Yum! So rich in flavour, recommend trying at least one.

• Geez Sue, I'd line up just for the polenta let alone that lovely looking chunk of meat.

Haven't tried the hump yet but have to admit I'm curious........ Do you see it as a really good cut thats worth chasing down or do you think it's going to be a "flash in the pan" ?

Cheers, Wayne

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Do you see it as a really good cut thats worth chasing down or do you think it's going to be a "flash in the pan" ?

Wayne, i rate it!

Even without the reduction and the polenta, its a rich, morish, cut of meat, add a good rub for bark & its a winner.
    I see it as a very versatile cut, sliced, cubed (burnt ends), pulled or shredded, it would all work.

I guess lots will try it and then gravitate back towards their other cuts, but for me, i think i can see this replacing one or 2 other cuts.
    I'd be comfortable replacing beef cheeks with it.

• Your south of the river aren't you Wayne?

Theres a butcher in Warnbro that is stocking them now, I've yet to go there as this one was from Troy Hepple, but its such a trek up there, so this guy could be the goods.

• Something else worth mentioning...

There wasn't a lot of shrinkage after the cook, this 800 Gm piece would easily feed 4 with sides, a very economical cut :thumbup:

• Looks awesome QDiva, way better than mine, they're a good little cut aren't they, almost like a mix between point end brisket and chuck.

I did a little 600 grammer last weekend, under cooked it because my stomach got the better of me but it was still delicious, I got another one today but much bigger at 1.9kg and was thinking about turning half of it into burnt ends. If it turns out well and lasts long enough I'll grab some pics and post them up :)

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!