Whole roast Jap pumpkin with Sage and Caramelised Honey, accompanied by Hasselback Beetroot, Goats cheese and Orange Salad

• This one is dedicated to all my gatherers.
    Na just f :censored: g with you, I'm a fan of the vegetables also.

Picked up these recipes from a magazine, done this at home tonight on my Weber :bbq:

Yeah I know, adacadabra! A steak got in there somehow, let's just say that's a shout out to all the hunters :tongue:

• What the :censored: is happening to this forum????

I would recommend to leave the steak out.

Seriously, to balance this out I am now going for a drive in the country where I can hopefully hit a roo so I can stand on the side of the road and eat the raw road kill......

Love the beats served like that, they look great. What's the cheese? / curd? with the spinach leaves, looks really good, and chance you can post up the recipe, I actually wouldn't mind giving this one a go.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• If you find it too heavy with the steak... I'd probably recommend leaving the decorative veges out and just eat the meat :D

Just kidding mate, that looks great! I'm not a fan of beetroot though (I've been trying) so I'd probably switch it out for regular potato or maybe even some taro or daikon

• Beating my chest and howling at the moon with a half baby quokka in my jaws while whipping my neck around as blood lands on the peasant animals below me is my cardio. :tongue:

It was just a very heavy meal with the 55mm rib eye.

The pumpkin is a Jap pumpkin. Covered in olive oil, wrapped in baking paper, then wrapped in foil. Stab a few holes on the bottom so it can bleed through out the cook (used the word 'bleed' and 'stab' for the Alphas, you could otherwise do multiple ninja stabs with your pinky)

Cook for 2 and a half hours, take wrapping off and cook for another half hour. Get half a cup of honey and bring to a simmer and let cook for around 3 min, this will caramelize, pour over the pumpkin.

Beetroot is just cut in Hasselhoff style. I done around 5mm but i would go thinner next time. Cut deep, but obviously not all the way through, you can cut a straight side on each beet also to help keep its balance if you like.

I think it was 1Tbs of rosemary and 1Tbs of thyme, mixed with salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of hazelnut oil (olive oil will do fine)
    Brush this over the beets, they take about an hour, this is all worked on around 200c btw.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Oh and Wazza, the cheese is goats cheese, I placed that on some stoneware and wacked it in for the last 2-3 min of the cook :thumbup:

• Hope this helps. Let me know if I've missed anything.

You missed about 3KG of pork shoulder I reckon. :D

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• dude that looks awesome...

at the truffle kerfuffle this year we had a lot of pumpkins at one of the dinners.. so we bought some and cooked them when we got home.. this was done in the oven so not particularly BBQ, but it was stuffed with chorizo and left over quail from the weber baby Q, so it almost counts as bbq related....

old green weber kettle - pro q excel 20 elite

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!