• bought some yesterday.. you can't fit both of them in an akorn, but for just a couple steaks for me and the boss you only need one.. I'll probably end up hacking the corners off so the 2 fit snug in the akorn..

first impressions - very good but I overdid the steam, 4 minutes each side - a bit too much for an average sized T-bone, still nice a moist, but more medium-well than the medium-rare I prefer..

looking forward to playing more with them

old green weber kettle - pro q excel 20 elite

• bought some yesterday.. you can't fit both of them in an akorn

There's a special kamado set of 3 which should fit. Corners are already cut and the grill tool comes with it.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• There's a special kamado set of 3 which should fit. Corners are already cut

too late - I don't think bbq galore want half my normal 18.5" set back .. not to worry - I should've read more about it, I was out and about yesterday afternoon and in the mood to waste some money so it was fairly impulsive.. it'll all work out in the end.

• in the mood to waste some money so it was fairly impulsive..

I know exactly how you feel, impulsive is my middle name !! You'll enjoy them, they are almost compulsory here.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Hi

I love Grill Grates. I do 25cm bits of steak for 4 minutes a side and work down from there for the 2.5cm to 3.5cm bits. Cooks fish good to. It is a lot easier since I got the GrillGrate tool from UG.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Still cant understand if they are so good why are they not on the high end BBQs? Anodised aluminium what temp will they handle you vcan colour aluminium in your oven?

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• Still cant understand if they are so good why are they not on the high end BBQs? Anodised aluminium what temp will they handle you vcan colour aluminium in your oven?

Maybe the cost or licensing.

Im not sure sure about the heat but they handle every temp i give them. I love the spatula where you can get under tje meat to lift.

• They say the kamados will get them hot enough to melt them or at least heat them to a temp that will deform them

from their website.........Aluminum melts at 1125F. Most grills top out at 700-800F.

• There site says keep the heat down the grates will be 100-150 higher in temp than the dome gauge does that sound right from your expirience Narm
    I am going to get some anyway see what all the fuss is about.

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• Just because I still have the photos, I cooked this steak Route 66 and seared on 'too hot' grill grates. I'd consider it too hot anyway. About 4 hrs (from memory) coming to temp and about 20sec sear each side, the temp went higher than I'd like but no deformation or damage.

• pictures don't do it justice, but....

was planning to put a flat chook in the akorn tonight, but total fireban saw me fire up the gasser... thought i'd try out a roast flat chook on the grill grates...

unfortunately, i think this is the best chicken i've cooked, better than brined, and the skin turned out awesome - i oversalted the skin to ensure it crisped up, and it was so good.

can't wait to replicate grill grate flat chook but over charcoal..

• pictures don't do it justice, but....

was planning to put a flat chook in the akorn tonight, but total fireban saw me fire up the gasser... thought i'd try out a roast flat chook on the grill grates...

unfortunately, i think this is the best chicken i've cooked, better than brined, and the skin turned out awesome - i oversalted the skin to ensure it crisped up, and it was so good.

can't wait to replicate grill grate flat chook but over charcoal..

Like!
    I've done one flat chook on the grill grates, as Gumb highly reccomended it and it was great. The only reason I havnt done it more as there's many good ways to cook a chook

• Yep, they work well in a gasser and are a permanent fixture in my Weber Q but even better in a kamado. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!