Kamado Specs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kamado Specs

On a bit of a mission! Importing Nomex gasket kits for Kamados, but the US models and what we get here are different, so I need to know the sizes to match to.
      Kamado Joe are fine I have the kits for them, also BGE and Primo. But I need to know the internal and external Diameter rim sizes for the others: Costco, Chargriller, Bear Grills and Smoke King, Auplex etc.

Same mob also have Heavy Duty SS charcoal grates that let more air through and are less likely to clog, so the Dia of the firegrate for each model would be good to know as well.

Thanks
      Chris
    • I'll check mine later Chris but having bought them before, there's always a fair bit left over when you cut them to fit so it isn't too critical on the size being exact.
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - Weber Q220 - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Chris, the outer diameter of my Royal is 53cm and the inner is 48cm. I've got some new felt gaskets I bought a couple of years ago from Bear Grills and I ran them around the top. To go the full circumference, they need to be 163cm long and that leaves about 15cm to cut off so if you had them 170cm long, that would be ample. My ss grill is 46cm diameter.

Hope that helps.

@Urban Griller
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - Weber Q220 - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Kamado Specs

BBQ G can take quite awhile to get KJ stuff it doesn't have in its warehouse.

It's good Chris is going to sell the nomex gaskets. Bear Grills used to sell the High-Que range of Nomex and you would get fast service. Now he is out of business you had to buy it from overseas.
    • Kamado.Clint wrote:

That's great to know been waiting for bloody Weeks for kit for Big Joe gaskets from BBQ Galore
      Got Kj and Bj gaskets already in the order, also they have a SS fire grill to suit the Joe models.

12x7 wrote:

BBQ G can take quite awhile to get KJ stuff it doesn't have in its warehouse.

It's good Chris is going to sell the nomex gaskets. Bear Grills used to sell the High-Que range of Nomex and you would get fast service. Now he is out of business you had to buy it from overseas.
      Yeah ...Dave from BG handed the High-Que distributorship to me. They make a great kit the High-Que!

Here is another great Haiku:

whiskey in my glass
      a toast to the tasty pig
      life is good today

:D
    • Urban Griller wrote:

I'm also thinking this product of theirs is a good thing to stock.
      Fits 18" Kamados

Would you please stop bringing in stuff i want to buy. I'm wanting to retire but if i keep buying new toys, i have to keep working !!
    • Urban Griller wrote:

Dave from BG handed the High-Que distributorship to me. They make a great kit the High-Que!

They are great kits with good instructions. Something that is missing in some kits. Being self-adhesive you don't have messy glues to worry about. As well as nomex they are made with kevlar for extra strength.

I think the high-que Vision range will cover the Auplex/Bear Grill/Smoke KIngs BBQ's as the Vision is an Auplex OEM. It will also cover the Vision that Costco used to sell.

The Akorn and Dragon gaskets are a unique design. People have been using 2 x BGE XL kit to replace the stock gasket. They use two kits to replace the top vent, lid gasket and ash tray gasket which most Kamados don't have, hence the need for two kits.

Once people know you sell high-que, just put a note that if the model is not listed on your shop, ask them to give you a call/email etc with the specs. It won't take too long to build comparability list you can use.

The post was edited 3 times, last by 12x7 ().

• Urban Griller wrote:

I'm also thinking this product of theirs is a good thing to stock.
      Fits 18" Kamados

I am not too sure it will sell.

eg. I do the same thing with a weber charcoal basket. The design of the ring may cover the holes in the firebox. Looking at how creative some of the readers are from the Vortex thread I think some of the guys will DIY versions as well.

Slot dog is interesting which is on their site.

• Kamado.Clint wrote:

Mate they look great , will they change anything with heat control as getting more air in ?? To burn charcoal faster , if not I'll grab one for both Joes
      I think it's more about letting the ash fall out and not choke the fire, the charcoal should burn cleaner. A more open grill with tight bar spacing will let you burn all the small stuff completely.

Heat control should be normal, as that's dictated by the incoming air, you might just close the bottom damper a touch more, but clean and evenly burning charcoal will be easier to control.
    • OK I've ordered the Gasket sizes for Saffire/BGE LG, KJ and Big Joe, Dragon/Akorn and Bear Grills/Smoke King....anyone got a Vision or Beefeater Rock?

Can someone measure the fire grate Dia in a Dragon/Akorn and Bear Grills/Smoke King? I want to get the replacement fire grills, they look good!
    • alimac23 wrote:

Hey @Urban Griller Do you happen to have any replacement springs for the Royal / Saffire, the ones on mine are rusted and no longer hold the lid open properly.

Has anyone ever replaced the springs on the hinge mechanism?
      Yep, I broke one and Smoke Kings BBS kindly sent me one and refused to charge me for it ! How good is that. It was a heavier gauge than the original too. But I was snooping around Bunnings today (as I'm prone to do) and noticed they had a range of springs and I made a mental note that they'd be my first stop if I broke the other one. They looked exactly like those on the kamado lid. Take one down there and see if it is the same.
    • alimac23 wrote:

Hey @Urban Griller Do you happen to have any replacement springs for the Royal / Saffire, the ones on mine are rusted and no longer hold the lid open properly.

Has anyone ever replaced the springs on the hinge mechanism?
      I don't stock them as a part but I could probably get them.

I've also looked at the Bunnings ones and they look right, coil length is 50mm