I love my Akorn or Dragon

• There's good advantages for both ways of cooking.

It's a tough call.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Big shout out to Liam at BBQ's Galore in Joondalup WA.

They will be replacing my Dragon's main body/cart as a warranty claim, arranging pickup of the existing and drop off of the new.

I simply need to remove the dome/lid and fit it on the new base.

Could not ask for better service than that and it is another reason why I love my Dragon - the backup service of the retailer!

Do or do not, there is no try

Dragon Kamado, Weber Performer, Z&B Triple Grill

• Big shout out to Liam at BBQ's Galore in Joondalup WA.

They will be replacing my Dragon's main body/cart as a warranty claim, arranging pickup of the existing and drop off of the new.

I simply need to remove the dome/lid and fit it on the new base.

Could not ask for better service than that and it is another reason why I love my Dragon - the backup service of the retailer!

the force is strong in this one it is

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• After a purchasing one that was too big and one that was too small, I found a cover that fits the Dragon just right.

2 burner hooded bbq mate cover from the Big Green Shed.

• Couple of mods made to the Dragon after receiving the new bowl/ash-pan/cart assembly.

1. High-Cue gasket added to the ash pan, between the air intake & ashpan as well as the chimney. Temperature is much more stable and shutdown no longer takes 12 hours. Have kept all original seals in place.

2. I also added some nylon washers to the wheels and hinge assembly as per the photo's, sturdiness of the dome when opening and wheels when moving has increased.

Looking forward to my next L&S!!

• Hi

Does anyone know if Bunnings still sell steel Akorns, or just the Chargriller ceramic kamado. If they don't sell them, is there anyone else in WA that does? I have looked on their website and can't find anything, only the ceramic version.

Alternatively, are the Dragons just as good, as versatile, and still available. It looks like you can get them for $500 from BBQ's Galore.

I have a few mates that are looking to start charcoal cooking. The flexibility and portability of these cheap steel kamados would be ideal for both of them to get started.

I haven't told them yet that once they start they won't be able to stop, and will end up with 7 cookers on their verandah like I have =O

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Alternatively, are the Dragons just as good, as versatile, and still available.

I bought a dragon from BBQ's galore and i love it. They don't come with the heat deflector or cover like the bunnings ones do but i have used an old pizza stone as a deflector with no problems at all when this cracks and dies i'll sacrifice an old iron BBQ plate and cut it to suit.
    As for the cover i wasn't bothered because my BBQ's all live under my patio and it would just get in the way. Picked up my dragon for $400.00 in the Xmas 20% off sale.

incidentally @Gurilla I received this email from BBQ galore this morning. Perhaps your wait may be over soon :)
    https://marketing.barbequesgalore.com.au/33VW-PVD3-905NMDO595/cr.aspx

• Official Post

It's a BBQ, not a fashion statement :roll eyes:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• They are almost identical looks wise aren't they ? Pretty sure the Akorn comes with more accessories though...

Akorn

Dragon

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• Even at $400 you still need to buy the stone and the cover so still end up paying more for the dragon.. are the grills cast iron too can’t remember ?

But I did notice the build/quality seeemed a lot better on the dragon over the Akorn... but again the Akorn would of been put together by a 12 year old at bunnings

Black 3200, charcoal kettle, Akorn J, Gmg Daniel boone

• I saw them at Cockburn central a couple weeks back, still had boxes in the racks and a display. $500

• Hi

Found an Akorn at the Geraldton Bunnings (by ringing around, not driving to Geraldton). That is one guy sorted.

Apparently the Akorns don't come with the heat deflector in all cases any more. You buy them as an accessory. Dragon creeps up :D

Thanks for the feedback.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• I Rekon it still does he just doesn’t know what his talking about aha should all Be in the box even the websites for chargrill says they come with it

• I think Bunnings remove the Akorn around this time of year due to the switch over from selling BBQs to selling heaters and fire pits.

They will probably pop up again at the end of winter but I've seen them still around at some stores I'm sure as well.

Pretty sure the whole BBQ clearance for winter thing is what led to Akorngate :D

• I think Bunnings remove the Akorn around this time of year due to the switch over from selling BBQs to selling heaters and fire pits.

They will probably pop up again at the end of winter but I've seen them still around at some stores I'm sure as well.

Pretty sure the whole BBQ clearance for winter thing is what led to Akorngate :D

This is what I’m waiting for ! My missus is a sales rep and goes to bunnings almost everyday so I’ve told her to be on the look out !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!