Difference in Akorns (they may not all be the same)

• Thought I'd start a new thread, something I though about after commenting to SusieQ on her new Akorn purchase.

Anyway, it turns out there may be differences in how to operate an Akorn depending on the individual unit. I noticed this at the qualifying round of the Beef and Beer BBQ comp. Grant has been the longest Akorn owner but his was not there due to the tyranny of distance, so I had mine there and Shane's very new one was there. Well Grant had some issues operating mine, and I couldn't deal with Shane's so well. Mine would go out at settings they would put theirs at, but mine also wouldn't run away like theirs would at similar settings.

As far as leaks go, mine seemed to seal up pretty quickly.

Seems not all Akorn's are the same, what are you experiences?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• People owning several Kamados of the same brand have commented that two are never alike. They each have their own characteristics.

In the Akorn threads there has been variations depending on how people put them together.

The other is how well the gaskets have been kept. eg clean, stiffness.

Common differences can be how the charcoal is loaded, how much, whether it is new or reused, same brand charcoal, charcoal size.

If we look at the US releases of the Akorn, they have been available a long time and there are many variations as they were improved over the years. eg gasket, latches improvements.

They are also available in different colours and side trays.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!