Wood Fired Pizza at 400C... Is it really possible in a kettle or kamado?

• This thread is will end up costing me over $1000.... I had no intentions of buying a pizza oven at the start of th week, and now can't see how I can avoid it!

As a former great President once said......

Think not what the oven will cost you, but what you can do with the oven.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• This thread is will end up costing me over $1000.... I had no intentions of buying a pizza oven at the start of th week, and now can't see how I can avoid it!

Which are you going to get Rob?

• No steaks in mine, I guess you could place grill grates on top of the coals after the fire has wound down... I think I'd rather use another BBQ for them.

Agree there. It's best used for what it's designed for. Keep the sizzling fatty stuff for the other BBqs and keep the floor clean for pizzas.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Which are you going to get Rob?

I'm not entirley across what they offer as models just yet - but I'm thinking the Portable Maximus in black, and putting it on a stand that I have (like Gumb's tool chest)

Thoughts??

I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get to use the eBay discount this week (my fault, as I was too late to this party)

• I'm not entirley across what they offer as models just yet - but I'm thinking the Portable Maximus in black, and putting it on a stand that I have

I think that's a good choice and you can get part of the discount by buying direct. Talk to Giuseppe or Christi directly.
    The reasons I got the maximus were Neapolitan pizzas and portability (or at least simple moveability) and I haven't regretted it yet, particularly as I had to move about 12 months ago.
    If I was buying right now I'd seriously consider the larger Maxi, which is not to say that I'd definitely get it as I'm perfectly happy with little Max.

• Well guys, it arrived today!

I assembled the stand without any major dramas. But I seem to be missing a few things... No door, and no instructions! There is already a crack in the front fascia and the front two bricks have damage :(

Does anyone know what the disc that came with it is? I don't have a disc drive in any of the computers in my house and it won't play in my DVD player

I tried to call Christie and Giuseppe but their phones rang straight out. Should I try to cure it without the door?

• Yes the bricks were inside. Quite a bit of scratching on the stand too... Instructions would have been handy actually as there are two pieces I'm not sure what to do with. One square piece of frame that looks like it goes at the bottom of the stand. It has 4 holes that line up with the stand but no bolts. There was another c-section piece that came with the oven (very bady scratched) that had 3 holes but no bolts?

Disappointing day :(

• From memory, the floor bricks were wrapped separately, not loose inside the oven. I got a couple of spares with it as well. I wouldn't bother about small chips off the corner of the bricks, you can rotate them around and they won't effect anything but the stand is an issue and I don't think I'd be happy with the crack either, although it will happen anyway but usually in the top of the door opening. Mine has gotten worse over time with some of the material chipping away.

But no door ! That's a definite issue. Did it all come packaged up as if it was in a container ?

• Send them an email or even better an sms. I'm sure they'll sort it out, but shame about the delay... The c piece that came with the oven is a mystery as well. Do you have a picture of it?

The C piece is the long one (in the picture with all the scratching). I sent them an email and left phone messages, I'm sure they'll get back to me.

• From memory, the floor bricks were wrapped separately, not loose inside the oven. I got a couple of spares with it as well. I wouldn't bother about small chips off the corner of the bricks, you can rotate them around and they won't effect anything but the stand is an issue and I don't think I'd be happy with the crack either, although it will happen anyway but usually in the top of the door opening. Mine has gotten worse over time with some of the material chipping away.

But no door ! That's a definite issue. Did it all come packaged up as if it was in a container ?

I got the two spare bricks. It was all plastic wrapped on a pallet. Two boxes, one for the oven and one for the stand. Everything was packed inside the oven, the wood stand and guard thingy, the clay dish, the chimney, some CD/DVD (I don't know what it does) and the peel but that's it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!