Weber Q 220 - a great allrounder

• When I don't have time (or the inclination) to fire up a charcoal BBQ, the Weber Q 220 comes in to play. I got rid of my old 4 burner in favour of this one and I've never had a moment when I thought I'd make a blue.

In my opinion, they are the best gas BBQ for home use available and whether it's the small Baby Q, the mid range 2200 or the family (3200) size, they are great for just about any BBQ job.

Every Sunday morning it';s bacon and eggs with a coffee. There's no meal quite like it. It even does the toast ! :thumbup:

And tonight, I would normally fire up the wood fired pizza oven but thought I'd try the Q again, and the results were really good. Not in the same league as the wood fired oven but good all the same.

The pizza stone goes on the trivet with a sheet of foil below. The Weber Q pizza system also has a ss tray which you make the pizza on and then put it on the stone.

15 minutes later and it's done

On this one I used a different tray, with the holes in the bottom, which turned out better.

and to finish off, we made a focaccia out of the left over dough

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• That looks great Gumb! im interested in picking up a babyq, as like you said, I dont always have time or inclination to fire up the kettle. I also can never justify lighting up a whole chimney full of coals just for some quick grilling. A quick check on gumtree and theres one for $100. very tempting!

• A bit dirty, but what do you guys think?

Another option is to use the 20% off code and get this brand new for less than $250:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2217917939…&_qi=RTM2223654

• Hi

These clean up OK. It doesn't seem hard to get parts for them.

I have a Q320. Same reason as you guys. I also got rid of my hooded BBQ once I purchased this.

I have a plate, Wok, GrillGrates etc for my Kettle, but to spark it up with beads to cook a steak doesn't seem to work. I cook on the Q at least 4 times a week. If you put the GrillGrates in it cooks stuff even better. Great for quick roasts as well.

The benefit of the Q220 or Baby Q is that you can get a fold up stand for them or just sit them on a bench if you are not at home. The Q320 only has a set stand.

Interested to hear how you go.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• That looks great Gumb! im interested in picking up a babyq, as like you said, I dont always have time or inclination to fire up the kettle. I also can never justify lighting up a whole chimney full of coals just for some quick grilling. A quick check on gumtree and theres one for $100. very tempting
    Siphco

I have a Traeger 075 and a Q220 with a folding cart that need a clean. I was going to clean them up and put them on gumtree as a package for $700. The Traeger is in great condition, the Q has seen a bit of work but still cooks better than anything else around. If you want to buy them and clean them then I will let you have them both and the stand for $450.00, pickup only, I live in Hoppers Crossing 3029.
    "Her Indoors" has finally put her foot down hard and said that I have to get rid of some BBQs
    I will still have my GMG Davey Crockett, Baby Q, Genesis, Performer, Kettle, Go Anywhere, and Ceramic Hibachi, also my tool box smoker and portable 2 burner hot plate. If any one else is interested then let me know. This offer is only valid for a week.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!