• I wanted to try something a bit different so when I saw a bone-in pork leg roast at Woolies I jumped all over it. I had little idea what to expect until I pulled it out and it looked just like a freaking massive Pork Knuckle!!

D'oh! So much for my initial pulled pork thoughts! Anyway, I've been cooking it all day and am soon to add half a chimney to get crackling happening!

• Looking good so far, I am doing a pulled pork and brisket next weekend for a friends BaByQ. I saw the bone in leg roasts and thought they may have been a tad too lean to pull so grabbed a nice 3.8kg shoulder yesterday morning, will brine it towards the end of the week.

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

• You'll do better with meat from a decent butcher instead. There's no way to tell if your cooking method is ok unless you use good meat. You may be doing things fine but it can still turn out crap if the meat isn't good and the chances of crap meat from woolies or Coles is high.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!