Catering Gig (Sort Of)

• So our friends who live across the road from our house decided to have a BaByQ, think baby shower, but more of a social gathering with food and drinks rather than all the women getting together to play lame games. They asked me to cook some Q, so I did a 4.8kg brisket and a 3.8kg bone in pork shoulder, was a good chance to experiment with some new methods without it costing me much. Fired the akorn and weber kettle up at 11pm Saturday night and served everything up at 1pm Sunday arvo so it was a long night, but lots of fun.

Pork shoulder was brined in apple/pear juice for around 40 hours, rubbed then smoked over hickory and banksia nut for 7 hours on the akorn then wrapped with some of the leftover brine for a couple more hours before resting and pulling. Brisket was injected and bathed in some liquid on Friday night then rubbed and smoked over sandalwood for 6 hours in the weber kettle, transferred to the akorn, then wrapped for a couple hours with some beef au jus. After this I separated the point and flat to let the flat rest in the oven with some of the jus and cooked the point for another hour in a boat before letting it rest in the shutdown akorn.

Pretty happy with the results and got some decent pics. Had plenty of compliments from all the guests.

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!