• I downloaded the food menu and all I can do is

Yes. I thought it looked incredible. Sadly I don't know when I will be in Tasmania next.

Love the description for lamb ribs - cooked for a lot of hours.

I like the names for the pizzas too. Pump-can Pie. The 'Sam Pan' etc.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• Thanks for all of the kind words guys, I appreciate it!

We're called Luma (short for illumination as we have a very cool lighting effect built into the translucent ceiling...) and you can see a fair bit more on our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lumapizzabar/

The concept is Neo-Neopolitan pizza, small tasting plates, shared plates, craft beer (6 taps) boutique wine and spirits. The oven is kept around 500C on the dome and around 400 on the floor (that's the ideal but not always exactly reality!) Apart from an immersion circulator (sous vide) the wood oven is the only heat source in the venue. Dishes like the pork neck and lamb ribs are prepared sous vide and then finished in the ultra hot oven, it works beautifully. The other point of difference is that we have a 7 metre long communal table made of poured concrete. It's positioned in front of the wood oven and we use it as the chefs working space. The customers all sit around and watch the cooking, finishing and plating.

I'll post some more when I get a minute... There's heaps of cool BBQ/meat related stuff that we do (cold smoking, Chicharrón, funky bar snacks)

• We want to come back to Tassie NOW!!!! Looks great GS and we're looking forward to getting a seat at that table, what a good idea.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

I definitely want to do the same now. Sounds amazing.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• lil red ? That needs more info another thread in Chew the fat. There's one already about cars etc so I'd love to hear that story.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!