Honey Salmon with crispy skin and Veg

• Honey Salmon with crispy skin and Veg

Jan and I both love Salmon and look for different ways to cook it on the BBQ. This time we decided on a sort of asianish theme with the salmon marinated for and hour or so in lemingrass, soy, ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander stalks that had all had a whack in the mortar and pestle. I love using the M&P something thereauputic about grinding and crushing things I guess? We grilled a corn cob and a few other veges first. Once all the veg was done cut the kernels off the cob and mixed the whole llot with a dash of sweet chilli sauce as a bit of a glaze.
    Back to the fish, we took the skin off to give the marinade lots of room to work. Then we cooked the skin separately by just lying it on the grill. The salmon was drizzled with honey and put onto the grill bars for a few minutes and when it was ready to turn over I put it on the grill plate side.
    A very simple dish with plenty of flavour. Between the marinade and the honey the fish got a delicious dark coating which was just yum.

In the bottom pic you cans see the crispy skin. It's just sprinkled with a bit of salt and comes out pretty well.

Cheers, Wayne

Salmon in marinade

Veg on the grill

Skin getting crispy

Salmon cooking away

Plated up

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Salmon is one of our favs too and it's on the menu weekly but I'm not in your league Wayne, that looks awesome.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!