French inspired Rabbit and Chicken

• " French inspired Rabbit and Chicken "

This one started out with the idea of doing some sort of Roasted Gallantine ( if there is such a beast?) but not being able to find any Caul fat to wrap it I had to have another think.

Basically ended up with a French inspired idea of rabbit and chicken thighs slathered with a Dijon mustard to marinate for a couple of hours. After that they were browned off on the BBQ. While this was happening I gave the onions, garlic and herbs a quick sizzle on the side burner. Once the onions were done some meatballs made from a couple of italian sausages were added. The Rabbit and Chook were given 5 mins each side and it was into the pan with a coat of mustard slathered over them and a big splash on verjuice weith the idea a little steam wouldn't hurt ( Around then I tucked the rabbits liver into the bottom so no-one would notice) Then it was time to press on the crumb mix of fresh bread crumbs, EVO and some chopped spring onions.
    With the prep done I got the Genesis up to 400f and placed the baking dish on a trivet with some foil underneath to spread the heat. It took around 30 minutes to get the rabbit up to the recommended 160f but i think that it might have been better with another few minutes in there, maybe take it to 165-170f? The rabbit was very moist and had a great flavour but just a bit hard to separate from the bone. All in all a good simple dish

Ingredients

On the BBQ

The bed of onion, garlic, herbs and meatballs

Into the baking dish and topped with more Dijon mustard and breadcrumb mix

Plated

A Rabbit hind leg cut to show the insides. Nice and moist

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!