New Version of WiFi thermometer is going to be ready

• Pictures are at http://www.wgrill.us

Twifi:Thermometer with WiFi for BBQ, 4 probes, with graphing, viewing locally on equipment

or remotely on Browers like I.E. Chrome Firefox on computer or smart phone. No APP is needed

What you see below is first prototype. I need 2 weeks to fine tune the design. Design will be frozen 30th of Nov. 2016.

Then production of 100 pieces will take 8 weeks. But considering long holiday of chinese new year,
    commercial model shall be ready in March or even April.

Final Retail price will be US$199. For your information the competitor of Tappecue-V2 is US$260
    I am launching some kind of "kickstart" now
    Please keep in mind other Kickstart thermometer projects are nothing but imaginating pictures
    Prototype of Twifi is ready and is online for everyone reviewing
    If you pay before end of 2016 price will be US$99 free shipping
    If you pay before March 31,2017 price will be US$119 free shipping
    If you pay when ready of commercial model, first 10 buyers at US$139
    and second first 10 buyers at US$149
    and then normal price US$160 for the rest
    If first 100 pieces are sold well, retail price will be raised to US$199.
    Please review the first prototype.
    IP:47.88.34.27
    User Name:1008266
    Password:123456
    I am using a cheaper server for developing purpose. When commercial model is ready, there will be a better server

• There are 3 projects of thermometer on kickstart
    #1. MEATER https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19778…rt-meat-thermom
    Meater raised US$4 million on kickstart and indigogo.
    The idea is great. But I do not believe that you can throw electronics things into a hot smoker whatever protection you use.
    I am doing a similiar wireless probe with long needle,say 200 to 300mm.
    You insert needle into smoker or meat, and leave electronics and battery outside.
    Certainly you need to drill a hole of 8mm on your smoker wall.
    #2.iProbe https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46638…e?ref=discovery

iProbe seems a joke, cloning MEATER, or a simply scam.

#3. loki https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lokip…?ref=nav_search

I am doing same as Loki.

But my Twifi has a big LCD window.

You can check temp. locally on Twifi.

Just think that you are 1 meter away from your smoker,

to see the temperature

you just turn your head and face to my Twifi.

Or do you have to pickup your smart phone.

I do not know stage of Loki,
    But my Twifi has already a functional prototype.

• I am also doing a wireless probe.
    Hope it will be ready Middle of 2017
    The wireless probe can be connected to Twifi.
    If I develop more wireless probes of temp. moisure, water leakage,
    vibration, sound, sunshine, fire, gas, motion, pressure ect. then Twifi
    will be a home security station.
    When you are having vocation in Florida, it is snowing in New York, if
    thickness of snow on your roof is too high, Twifi will send alarm to you
    before your house collaps.
    Or if your room temp. drops a little above fronze, Twifi will remind you. Your boiler may be down or your window may be broken.

I need a partner to do kickstart things, native English speaker, I.T. background, good at picture creation.

• I had no problem logging on.
    The interface is clean and easy to understand, the temperature tracking in neat and easy to read, looks good!

Loki have made their funding target, the "Ball" looks cute but beyond that it doesn't seem to be anything new.

• Loki has one probe, wGrill has 4 probes.
    wGrill has big local LCD window. Loki does not.
    Prototype of wGrill is ready, what is the stage of Loki.

Next I will use wireless probe in wGrill.
    Indeed I am developing wireless probe, which is after MEATER,
    MEATER is another kickstart project and collected US$4 million.
    Instead of putting all things inside the smoker by meater, mine will leave electronic outside the smoker.
    MEATER uses bluetooth, which has very limited effective distance.
    Mine will uses 433KHZ,which will have bigger effective distance

If I add more wireless probes for temp. moisture, sound, vibration, sunshine ect. it will be something like SMARTTHINGS. Smartthings collected 1.2US$ million in 2012.
    Big problem of smartthings is that if one probe fails, you will not know.
    Just think, probe of door open/close fails, and you do not know it.
    When a bad guy comes in midnight, the smartthings will not remind you, nor sending alarm.
    Also Smartthings uses Zigbee, it has same problem of effective distance as bluetooth because both have same frequence.

Indeed the hardware is not problem. The key of success is software.
    I want to launch a same kickstart to raise US$200,000.
    Then I can find 3 to 4 engineers to do something better than SMARTTHINGS.

I need an English speaking partner to take care of kickstart.

• please visit on your computer or smart phone
    http://www.fenfei.cc:88/
    username:1008266
    password:123456

You are encouraged to play with.
    Please pay attention to alarm.
    AS long as you open browser on your smart phone, access this thermometer.
    Even your screen is shut off for power saving mode, it still sends alarm sound to remind you

I am going to make production from next 2 weeks
    Delivery is expected in later Feb. or earlier March

• It is interesting you mention Meater several times as your reference device to improve..... but your device will have wires which can be damaged by flames and hoods and can not handle rotisserie rotation (even with a 5m wire..... (ha ha)..... Meater has no wires at all and the entire device in inside the BBQ.....

I have used Meater for over 12 months in Ovens, BBQ and on the stove and it works well.

Why re-invent the wheel?

• It is interesting you mention Meater several times as your reference device to improve..... but your device will have wires which can be damaged by flames and hoods and can not handle rotisserie rotation (even with a 5m wire..... (ha ha)..... Meater has no wires at all and the entire device in inside the BBQ.....

I have used Meater for over 12 months in Ovens, BBQ and on the stove and it works well.

Why re-invent the wheel?

Lucky man.
    But I read a different story posted on indiegogo 33 minutes ago.

dgachisholm33 minutes ago
    I got a single probe and sadly contrary to the assurances and the test I was told mine will not connect inside the bbq. It seems to be a gadget that doesn’t work well.

Why re-invent the wheel?

WOW you used Meater for over 12 months. and works well.
    From the comments on indiegogo very few received recently. MOST backers still receive nothing
    Are you sure you are telling truth and not misleading members here.
    Following is latest comment on indiegogo on March 14.2018

Jason Flashman1 day ago
    Are you doing refunds yet for misleading us and having all block backers believe you were working on both and original delivery time was for both? (Until last minute when you swerved us!!). I’m reading your single probes have no range and you need to be right next to the grill which also eliminates this products usefulness.

Why re-invent the wheel?

"I have used Meater for over 12 months in Ovens, BBQ and on the stove and it works well."
    Are you true and genuine user of MEATER.
    It seems that you are misleading people here.
    I just read first 2 pages of comments on kickstarter.
    full of nonsense.
    One backer calls it “complete joke of a project"

I terminate my project as cost is too high, market is too small.
    MOST people need something SIMPLE and CHEAPER CHEAPER and CHEAPER.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!