Pulled pork and Foccacia with the smartfire

• Finally had some good weekend weather to do a long cook in the royal. I had a hunk of pork scotch from costco in the freezer so in it went to become pulled pork.

I had planned on an overnight cook with the smartfire keeping it under control however I just couldn't get the damn thing to work for me. Spent hours trying to get it connected and working reliably but it just wouldn't. Had to abandon the overnight cook, I instead got up at 6:30am on Sunday and threw it on with the BBQ Guru in control while I went back to sleep.

Later in the morning I decided to try getting a wifi extender to boost the signal to the smartfire, 10 minute drive and $19 bucks later I had the smartfire connected and running rock solid! Was very happy!

Anyway, 9 hours of cooking later

While the pork was resting I tested how the smartfire would go with baking. Got it to ramp it up to 250c, opened the bottom vent a little to help it out. Did it perfectly.

Now I've sorted the wifi issue, I'm really happy with the SF, particularly impressed with how well it ramps up to temperature. I'll have to start posting the graphs to show how it went at controlling the temp.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Yum! :clap: I reckon you could make a delicious pulled pork focaccia sandwich to bring it all together :yum)

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!