Pro smoke offset at bbqs galore/REVIEW

• Hiya,

I also have the pro smoke and have been using it for a while now. Just wanted to ask about the mod with the additional air vents on the side. Did they do the job? I have been cracking the ash pan to fine tune the temps when i need it a bit higher. I have two of the vents left over from the chargriller that i recently sold and wanted to know if yours worked so i can attempt the same mod. Hope you don't mind me stealing your idea but i reckon it would be a great mod to get the temp control good.

Cheers

Danny

• Hi all,

Really struggled with the Pro Smoke first time with full size ironbark i.e. 30cm long was spiking to 350+. This time cutting in half and splitting to a 6cm arc and 15cm long is working perfectly and the pre-heating chunks aren't catching alight at the front of the fire box.

Can't recommend the inkbird 6x for temp monitoring highly enough especially as the standard hood thermometer runs hotter than grill level.

Cheers,

Ant

• Good information for others with that BBQ Ant, thanks for posting.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Great info thanks gents a great community.

I purchased one last week and did my first cook up Xmas day. Armed with a few tips and some good weather my first cook off was a successful one. Really impressed for an entry level offset, it held the heat well and once I tuned the deflection plates there was only around 5c or so difference across the pit.
    I used thin splits of red gum and a mix of lump and kept the fire small. Held 120-130 all day.
    Was a tad nervous coming from kettles as this was my first offset especially after reading a few stories. I can only imagine what the more expensive ones would be like. Needless to day I’m very happy for the coin (picked it up from BBQ’s Galore for $699 with a bag of charcoal and a chimney)
    Cheers

• @Souvo Only reading good reviews on these, pretty close to getting one myself with the great price of these at the moment.
    The cook looks great!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• You did a good job controlling the temperature like that, it's not easy but the results are worth the effort and yours look great. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!