Pro smoke offset at bbqs galore/REVIEW

• Yeah mate, I saw that before I went to bunnies and bought me firebox with the shitty paint :doh::D

I'll have to see it in person but I reckon I got the COS (cheap off set) to see me through while
    I start saving for a silvercreek from UG or a bullockhead smoker

Pics look good but no thicknesses given.

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Bloody thin wall offsets! wheres the 6mm for under a gorilla?........

The Hark Pro Pit is 3mm with 4mm doors. Adequate for OZ, it doesn't snow here so metal thickness does not matter! The thicker the metal the more fuel and time to heat it up. Metal does not insulate, and is transparent to heat, that's how a fry-pan works, the heat on one side radiates out the other side. Yes 6mm+ will reduce temperature fluctuation temporarily in a breeze, but once it has lost a few degrees it takes a while (and more fuel) to get back up to heat...a trade off! Personally I'm not fazed if my offset wavers 15C or so, that said, a small red hot fire in the Pro Pit sits rock solid on 110C (230F).

• thanks mate! Was only thinking 6 mm for longevity otherwise I cant fork out $2500-$4000 on me pit. I got a mate that runs a transport busy down here so when time comes
    we'll see about getting her dropped of to the depot.

Hark texas pro is really all I need and then some ay :)

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Just recieved a note from bbq galore bout this as trying to get a decent offset is killing me with postage.

General Description.
    Constructed of welded, heavy-gauge steel with hinged lids and an offset firebox, which
    allows for variation of more /less heat and more/less smoke to be used to for cooking.
    The joined main firebox and the offset fire box can be used individually or together as
    conventional style barbeques for direct grilling or indirect cooking.
    The offset firebox can also be used just to generate hot smoke into the main firebox with
    or without a fire in the main firebox. If there is no fire in the main firebox, food in the main
    firebox will have a higher proportion of smoking and a lower proportion of conventional
    cooking. This will be more close to the smoky flavour achieved in commercial curing
    processes. Keeping the main firebox temperature low even allows smoking of foods like
    cheese and fish

Key Features
    o Heavy-duty steel construction with a 2.5mm steel body and 3.5mm steel hood
    o Includes tuning plates and ash drawer in smoker box
    o Trolley is bolted into barrel of smoker for strength and durability
    o Two robust, stylish, heavy-duty steel wheels for easy movement
    o Flue is 10cm high
    o Primary cooking area is 103cm x 45cm
    o Vitreous enamel coated steel cooking grills are 7mm diameter
    o Includes a slide out chrome plated warming rack – dimensions 800 x 200mm
    o Heat resistant high temperature paint
    o Vitreous enamelled steel fire grate
    o Mild steel ash tray
    o Bottom shelf for storage
    o Front shelf for added convenience and preparation space.
    o The offset firebox allows for a variation of more/less heat and more/less smoke
    into the main chamber for controlled cooking.
    o The integrated temperature gauge, with Celsius markings, will help you to stay in
    control of the cooking temperature
    o Adjustable baffles can be used to adjust the temperature and smoke intensity
    across the cooking chamber
    o Two port holes for temperature probes
    o Charcoal tray / heat deflector in main chamber
    o Removable ash pan in the offset chamber.

Q. What are the dimensions and weight?
    A. Weight - 102kg
    Width – 1718mm
    Depth – 872mm
    Depth with hood open –
    1718mm
    Height – 1545mm
    Height with hood open –
    1545mm
    Primary cooking area - 975 x 440mm
    Q. What are the key differences between Ranchero product, Pro-Smoke product and Hark
    Tri-fire?
    A. See below table
    TEXASK
    Hark Trifire (not sold by
    BBQ Galore)
    PSMKOFFSET
    RRP
    $499
    $849
    $999
    Body thickness
    0.8 to 1.0mm 2.0mm
    2.5mm
    Hood Thickness
    0.8 mm
    2.5mm
    3.5mm
    Tuning baffles
    N/A
    N/A
    Included
    Chimney
    Small
    Small
    Large
    Wheels
    Small Steel
    Plastic
    Large Steel
    Temperature Gauge Standard
    Standard
    Precision

Walls are 2.5mm an door is 3.5mm SFA difference to the hark pro. The bird who runs the shop aint getting none in as floor space and competion for the POS texas offset would be too much....

Chris (UG), if ya see this, did ya get me message bout the hark pick up on Aussie day weekend mate?

Anyway will see how many want to yarn about this pit before dropping 1K on an unseen order.

Swamptrout, mate was this the model ya sussed out? or the crappy texas smoker?

Appreciate all replies fella's

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Edited once, last by lynchywa (December 12, 2016 at 5:51 PM).

• Cheers mate! Postage on just the tri fire was gonna be over $450 for just one of the boxes, christ knows what the pro pit would be as shes 40 kg heavier :eek::shock:

So that went on the backburner. Me mate is gonna be in Perth on Oz day w/e an going to adventure world so a pick up from Chris could work as long as its in stock

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Chris (UG), if ya see this, did ya get me message bout the hark pick up on Aussie day weekend mate?

Haven't seen a message? But I'm around on Oz Day, just make a time and I'll meet him at BBQ School. There are 4 here at the moment (and an Xmas deal that gives you a free cover), I can put your name on one!

regards
    Chris

• Haven't seen a message? But I'm around on Oz Day, just make a time and I'll meet him at BBQ School. There are 4 here at the moment (and an Xmas deal that gives you a free cover), I can put your name on one!
    regards
    Chris

Yet more proof forum vendors are outstanding people to deal with! You wont find that level of customer service at BBQ Galore.

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!