Who doesn't love a good duck?

• Smoked that is.

Kids wanted a roast, so duck was put on a rack over an oven tray, into the akorn with banksia. Vegies roasted in the oven, smoked duck with a smoked gravy, and I've got the reserved duck fat. Sunday roast is always a winner. Hmm, perhaps we should have a roast thread.

Anyway, terrible photo but this shows the colour on the bird. Sorry no pics after carving. Nothing left as the kids knocked it all off (anyone want some free kids???).

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Great colour on that. I had duck for dinner last night also.
    Unfortunately I didn't BBQ it I oven roasted last week & sous vide it to serve and have been enjoying the awesome duck fat for all sorts of tasty things.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Nice! What temp did you do the quacker at? I have a couple to try

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Around the 140 mark for most of the cook, let it creep up to 150 towards the end.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Hi

Had a total fire ban and blackout this weekend. A duck started to thaw so I thought it need to be cooked, but it had to be on gas.

I made up some Peking Duck baste. I basted the thawed chicken, then put it in the fridge for 4 hours. I know it should be overnight, but I didn't have time unfortunately.

It came out tasting beautiful and cooked perfectly on the Family Q. However, I still can't get crispy skin, even though I fried it for a few minutes on high before serving.

On the positive, I am happy with the flavour. On the negative I still can't get crispy skin. Can't have everything I suppose.

I also seriously need some duck carving lessons. Presentation wasn't great.

You may see a similar story about Mackerel here. I had a cook up as the duck, some mackerel and some home made italian sausages had started thawing out. I had to cook them.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!