• Hi there,

So I have my family over for Christmas Dinner on Friday, and I will be doing a Shoulder of Pork in the Akorn while being at work all day, and I don't have the time to smoke a duck low and slow after I get home from work and have it ready for dinner on the Friday, so does anyone see any issues with me smoking the duck for 4 hours on the Wednesday, then keeping it whole in the fridge till the Friday and just reheating it over a high heat, which will hopefully also crisp up the skin at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

• Agree with lynchy. 4 hours will kill any bacteria and if you chill it down after cooking in the fridge none will have the chance to form, then back onto heat the next day, see no issue with that.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The only problem with this would be it will most probably dry out in the reheating. Most of the fat gets rendered out in the cook. I've even injected fat back into the bird and sous vide to temp. Just doesn't seem to work. I think you would be better of giving it a hot blanching in simmering water, some soy and any other bits you want for 4-5min. Then it can sit in the fridge uncovered for a few days and this will dry out the skin for better crispness. Cook on the day @ around 190-200c with BBQ of you choice.
    Good luck.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Hector may have the solution here. Deep fry.

You could cut in half and use a wok. Will also get that crispy skin.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!