Pizza in the offset firebox

• G'day fella's, pizza day today!

Up first is pepperoni, bacon an mozzarella

Home made dough and pizza sauce, I couldnt stop at one piece :yum)

Up next was a chicken wing, bacon, mozza with some spinach so its healthy :D

I did this on a tortilla as I only got one dough ball out of the freezer this morn :doh:

Better than driving to the shops!

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• great idea, I've never thought of the fire box as a pizza oven. Love it. ^^

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I only needed 1/2 a chimney of heat beads and a few sticks of seasoned marri for smoke. Shut her down after the 2 was done but reckon I couldve got maybe another 2?

I took out the fire basket and just used the supplied grate which meant I could slide out the ash tray and add a few sticks without furlurking the pizza stone sitting on the cook grates.

Each pizza was done in about 5 mins mate.

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• and OK on the bottom ? Not burnt before the toppings cook ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Nah mate, all good. I used me tongs to lift the base to check on char. I'd recomend doing that every 1-2 min when ya first trying this, also a 180 degree rotate of the tray on the stone if you notice a hot side 1\2 way through the cook.

The chicken one used wings I barbied yesty (CHEAT!!!! :D ) but bacon and pepponi were just sliced super thin and the mozza balls (bout the size of a tom bowler) were torn into 5

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!