• OK I bought a looftlighter from Bunnings run out stock as a spare 12 months ago. I did buy three other looftlighters for presents at the same time all of them going fine no problems. So I was going to give one to a mate and was showing him how they work, so went push the button and hey its not working correctly only about half the heating element working. It worked fine for about 10 seconds at full heat the rest of the time it heat only about 20-30%

Anyone else have any simular problems with a loofy?

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• I didnt think they would be indestructable and the reason why i got the spare. been using it for over 12 months now with no problems and thought oh well dont need the back up.
    Anyway you can always rely on UG to help out at late notice.

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• My Looft has been going for a couple of years. So far, so good.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Worn mine out, plus a copycat one.

The fan in both seized up. I now use a paint stripper gun when I am close to electricity. This can be a bit tricky at time as the dog likes to chew things! BBQ dog?

I also like to use the natural Samba firelighters and the butane gas torch, and have a "devil" of a time. Great when there's no power about. Good for the charcoal chimney.

• plus a copycat one.

If you mean RJE Blow Lighter, they are crap. Run them for over 40 seconds and they burn out. I've killed 2 like that and have 2 here which I don't use. If anyone in Melb wants to try one, you can have it free. One is unopened in the box.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• If you mean RJE Blow Lighter, they are crap. Run them for over 40 seconds and they burn out. I've killed 2 like that and have 2 here which I don't use. If anyone in Melb wants to try one, you can have it free. One is unopened in the box.

Mine actually lasted as long as the Lootlighter which is one of the reasons I followed Narm's lead and now use a paint stripper gun.

• Mine actually lasted as long as the Lootlighter

Yeah, I've still go one which works as long as you turn off the heat before 40 seconds. I do like the fact that they have a cold air option, which the Looft should have incorporated.

• Yeah. Just download the photo or even just show it on your phone. I just took my phone with the photo, and the boxes to the service desk, said my mate got them at this price, I want to price match. She had a look at the receipt, went yep and put it through.

Thanks mate, appreciated!

Worth a try and at that price they are a bargain. The only issue could be that managers have some degree of flexibility to move stock and other stores may not be obliged to match it. I'll be interested to see if they do.

I will head down tomoz mate at opening time and let you know how I go.

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• I tried a Looftlighter for a while, but it got annoying having to take out the extension cord. Much prefer using my butane weed killer. May not be as fast, but it gets the job done.

Mine died recently, fan gave out. Lasted a good couple of years though.
    I've got a heat gun now, works just as well if not better.

I have been using the blowtorch since I got it and it's much more fun than the chimney. However, I've noticed that the next door neighbour starts yelling when I light it up. Now I don't speak Korean but I assume she's yelling at her husband "Go over and tell that dickhead that he's going to burn down our house." It's the sound like a jet plane taking off and the sparks flying everywhere I suspect. Although they can probably only see the last two foot of the flame over the fence so I don't know what they're worried about.

I tried the heat gin and it works well but for sheer excitement the blow torch beats it hands down

• I have been using the blowtorch since I got it and it's much more fun than the chimney. However, I've noticed that the next door neighbour starts yelling when I light it up. Now I don't speak Korean but I assume she's yelling at her husband "Go over and tell that dickhead that he's going to burn down our house." It's the sound like a jet plane taking off and the sparks flying everywhere I suspect. Although they can probably only see the last two foot of the flame over the fence so I don't know what they're worried about.
    I tried the heat gin and it works well but for sheer excitement the blow torch beats it hands down

Maybe give the Korean bird some gin mate, might calm her down abit! :D

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!