• Is it worth the price?

http://www.spacegrill.com.au/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I really wish I'd thought of that. Is there a NG option, then you don't need to hide the gas bottle.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Yes, it does come in both options, LPG and NG.

I was thinking that the handyman BBQ'er could probably make a similar hinge hideaway system for their 4 burner gasser or maybe a charcoal version?

With all the villa and houses in general that are popping up all over the place with small backyards the idea of being able to fold away your BBQ would be pretty attractive.

• Is it worth the price?

I'm sure people will buy it, but it doesn't convince me at all. You may as well invest in a good stove rather than that BBQ. I couldn't find any info about what's under the grill, is the drip tray above the burners? Also no hood, so really just for grilling. That bracket doesn't do it for me either.

• Bracket worried me also, but what is the percentage of bbq's which are used for grilling only, especially gas. Some of the Weber Qs you have to cook with the lid down, but thats because they are under powered.

When we were in Hong Kong I went for pretty much over 2 years without having cooked on a bbq, I would have killed for somrthing like that, even without a hood. I'm on the band wagen, yes it will have some limitations, but would have been a god send for my situation in hong kong.

Given the alternative, and I've lived that, sign me up. Some bbq is soooo much better than no bbq.

EDIT

I don't know the price, that may have some bearing, but I ask you to imagine 2 years without a bbq, how much of a premium would you be willing to pay?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I ask you to imagine 2 years without a bbq, how much of a premium would you be willing to pay?

It seems to be $1,200. If the BBQ process doesn't add any flavour to the cook I'd be just as happy with a good stove/oven and pan.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Ok, 1200 is way up there for a 3 burner.

But I'm assuming it will cook like any other 3 burner and taste similar? Can't answer that for sure though.

There is however the social/outdoors/beer with mates aspect, and most ex pats in hong kong would drop that cash for that part of it alone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!