• Finally got a chance to have a play with the hanger I picked up from Urbangriller last week. Defrosted a duck I had in the freezer and then rubbed it down with some tea leaves and Chinese five spice.

Cooked in the Akorn using gidgee charcoal and cherry wood for smoke. Cooked a bit quicker than I'd planned as I was stuffing around a bit too long with the lid up getting the tray in under the bird to catch the duck fat so it let the fire run a way a bit. Didn't have a pin handy so just quickly scored the fat with a knife making sure not to go into the meat which helped with the fat rendering a bit I think. Despite not doing much to achieve crispy skin it came out pretty good and not soggy like my last attempt at smoked duck. It was oh so juicy too!

Served up with some rice and Bok Choy.

Really enjoyed using the hanger and will have better success with it next time I think... Will also try not to hit my arm on it so many times while playing around with trays and stuff under the bird next time too... may have branded myself a couple of times :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!