Pro smoke offset cook

• Okey dokes fella's got chicky thighs an beef ribs on the pit.

Memphis dust on the chook an dalmation on the beef.

Found these samba chips at bunnies, more like chunks though so will be buying em again

They are a mix of apple, cherry and mesquite. Taste great and a good burn rate.

I will update as I go, cheers!

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Stage 2

2 an a bit hours of smoke

Time for a XXXX gold crutch on the ribs and start spritzing the chook with an apple, strawberry, lime cider (fair go, me mum left it here on chrissy) mixed with tequila an apple cider vinegar
    I turn the crutch and spritz the chook every 1/2 hr to 45 mins for the next few hours.

Corn cobs added too

PS Whole cook is done at around 210f-250f as I'm fighting 40 kph winds and a touch of drizzle :cheers:

Double Ps, Used 1/2 chimney off heat beads to start and lump charcoal once she was purring.

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Stage 3, jeez :)

Beef ribs are out of crutch and glazed.

Beef glaze

Chicken been glazed

an corn just doing its thing at the cool end....Coupla hours and all should be done.

PS more samba wood chips added as the glaze is cold and will accept smoke!

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• One thing if using this jacks liquore is that it is honey dominant ie shyte loads to impart any jd flavour. personally I would prefer to use bog stock jacks and add me own sweetner be it honey, agave nector or molasses.

I'm using this cos me just turned 18 y/o son forgot to read liquore on the bot and couldna handle the sweetness... Righto mate we's cooking wit it!!!!!! 8o

I also been using the no added sugar fountain bbq sauce as a way to modify sweetness. It is a nice base flavour and is the one with a blue label.

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Edited once, last by lynchywa (January 6, 2017 at 6:25 PM).

• That's what I call a fun day. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• :thumbup:

Yeah mate, real happy ay! The 2.5mm-3.5mm steel holds temp well although it does take longer too build temp than the cheap offsets....but that evens out in the cook (price of running and time on ya arse drinking....an trying to take dodgy photo's...an succeeding :D )

I aint seen the hark pro or flaming coals texas but this one for under a grand I'm pretty stoked with it!

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!