• As if I don't have enough BBqs but none will do the job I need and that is to take away in the caravan or just out for an overnight camping trip. I was initially going for a Weber Baby Q but then checked out the Ziegler and Brown portable and found that to be better for what I need. It's mainly the accessories which make it the better option. The fact that the lid folds all the way back helps save space too. I like the idea of the trivet system which makes it easy to turn it in to an outdoor cook top so we can use the wok and other pans etc. the way it all folds up and locks the grill in to place when in the bag is great too. I've seasoned it and cooked some burgers for lunch. I've had it out when we took the caravan out for it's maiden voyage and did bacon and eggs by the river and a really good steak for dinner. That's my idea of heaven. :)

There's a good video about all the features here.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My only criticism so far is that it gets a bit too hot and turning the control down to minimum doesn't alter the gas flow enough. But for my use, camping, it's a hot BBQ I want so it's no big deal.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I have done that but it's a fine line between choking it down enough and cutting it off completely. I'm looking at putting another regulator in the line.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• And I've got an external bayonet gas outlet on the caravan so the Ziggy runs of the main bottles. No need for a separate gas bottle either. :) I really did start out intending to buy a Baby Q but couldn't pass up the extra features of this one.

• With 5 kids, the twin burner ziggy has become our camping bbq. Baby Q and ziggy portable too small for us. Actually the only reason I got the Family Q was the twin ziggy was on the small side for us. Well made bbq's, both of them.

Love the idea of the extra bayonet on the caravan. I did extensions on the house recently and got an extra bayonet put in the alfresco, Family Q is NG.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Hey all,
    I liked them since I first saw them. Especially for camping.
    So this morning i went to BBQ Galore to return a SS spit basket i purchased last week. It broke and I was after an exchange.
    Whilst there i saw the package they had going on these for about $478.
    I was ahming and arrhhing whilst the sales assistant was doing their best to sell it to me. I eventually said no and then she said to me we have this model for $238. I went to have a look and it was a return. It had been lit but not cooked on. Lady that purchased it didn't like the colour.
    After a quick negotiation i walked out with the trivet kit and half size lightweight aluminium hotplate.
    Total $250.
    Still in the car. I'll fire it up soon and try and act as though there is nothing unusual going on in the backyard. Kids'll be screaming when they see another bbq..lol

• still in the car. I'll fire it up soon

I'd personally take it out of the car first.... ;)

Nice score, you'll love it. My twin burner Ziggy has become our camping bbq. What colour is it, hard to tell from the pic?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Official Post

That's got to be a candidate for SFaF bargain of the year ! Happy days gnol, they are a great BBQ. I sorted the issue I had with it being too hot. Just turning the gas down past the high point and toward the shut off mark, it limits the flow nicely for a roast. You've just got to make sure it doesn't blow out if it's windy.

• lol..this just keeps getting better and better.
    When I got this fired up last weekend I noticed the last 3 or 4 holes in the jet did not have fire coming through them. I didn't think anything of it and cooked a dozen or so pites to have with my tzatziki for a late lunch.
    Then I put it away in the shed where it would remain till my next camping trip.
    Last Wednesday morning I got a call from the salesperson that sold it to me and she told me that it was returned because it wasn't working properly and they were supposed to send it back to the manufacturer.
    So..I would need to bring mine in for an exchange.
    OK I said see you Friday or Saturday.
    Took it back today and was given a brand spanking new one in the box.

I'll fire it up tomorrow when I'm smoking ham and bacon to make sure it "works" ok.
    Kudos to BBQ's Galore for the service.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!