• A couple burnt ends questions for yall.

Do i cut the point off once the flat is done or before and finish the burnt ends off at the same time? Was thinking once the flat is done i would wrap it and keep going with the burnt ends?

Anybody got / use a different rub recipe for the burnt ends or use the same rub as the rest of the meat?

Do i do them dry or wet? If dry do i still do them in a foil tray & covered?

If doing them wet i am guessing a simple stock would be good or something else?

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• That brisket wasn't great. It was only the flat. I just cut them off, tossed them in some sauce and into a red hot fry pan for about 2 mins. The sauce recipe i got from Amazing Ribs website.

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• When my flat is ready I pull the whole thing off and separate the point from the flat, wrap the flat and put in an esky with towels. The point is then chopped into burnt ends and I use more of the same rub I previously used, plus for extra caramelisation I go with sauce as well, have tried home made and sweet baby rays all turn out fantastic.

Never tried wet style, I think that would counteract what you are trying to achieve, you want caremilisation and more bark to develop, any liquid in there would soften the outside and braise more than smoke the meat, I would think.

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

• Its too bloody hot to sleep but its midnight now and the meat has had 12hrs in the fridge so its been unwrapped....

And thrown in the grill.

Time to head off to bed and get some shuteye. See how it looks at 6am and check pellet levels.

• What pellets are you using ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Meat unwrapped. Very moist. Rested for 2hrs. All up it was 18.5hrs cooking and resting.

Ended up with sliced, pulled, burnt ends and a leftover chunk which was sliced and vac sealed and in to the freezer.

• yeah mate was a while ago but i have cooked a fair few since then.

I separate the point from the flat once the meat is done. I wrap the flat and rest it.

The point is diced in to inch cubes and served as starters. I dont add anything extra to it - juiciness of the meat with the bark is enough.

I will serve sauce on the side for those who want it. its a waste of the effort and time to get a good bark to just smother with bbq sauce.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!