DIY Cider and Pork

• So with the Cider and Pork Festival and BBQ Comp on this weekend and me not being able to make it, I thought I would cook up my own Pork on Sunday as I have the folks coming round, grabbed a Pork Scotch from The Beef Shed after work;

Went up to my folks for dinner then came home and knocked together a quick brine for it to sit in till Sunday morning;

I am thinking Weber Kettle with a mix of Kingsford Applewood and Hickory Briquettes for flavour and Heat Beads because they just keep burning, eventual plan is to take to slicing so we can have Pork and Gravy Rolls with Coleslaw and Chipotle Tabasco Potato Salad as sides.

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

• After I got the kettle setup I rubbed the pork with some Yardbirds, not too much as didn't want to overdo the salt after having been in the brine for the better part of 2 days.

Then onto the kettle, got heatbeads at the bottom with the flavoured kingsfords on top water pan above the heat source and steel pan under the pork to catch those drippings for gravy!

• Sliced the pork, just waiting for the folk to arrive, so its sitting in the oven on keep warm, hopefully for not too much longer so it doesn't dry out, also fired up the Akorn to cook some Buffalo Spice Marinated Chicken Wings (which I got for $3.99 per kilo so why wouldn't ya?) that I have separated into wingettes, drummettes and tips on the plate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!