7. ENTRY 7 (6) 46%
    8. ENTRY 8 (2) 15%
    9. ENTRY 9 (0) 0%
    10. ENTRY 10 (2) 15%
    11. ENTRY 11 (1) 8%
    12. ENTRY 12 (5) 38%
    13. ENTRY 13 (1) 8%
    14. ENTRY 14 (1) 8%

Hi all, Easter is coming up and a lot of us will be cranking up the BBQ for a family get together. A good theme for our next Challenge. :)

Simple rules,
    Free range on what you cook as far as the food goes.
    Cook anything you like on any outdoor BBQ/Oven/Spit/Grill/Etc, you get the idea.
    Control will be an egg in one of the pics. Can be a normal egg if you dont have an Easter Egg handy.
    Challenge starts today 11/04/17 and runs until the end of the Month which is Sunday the 30th. We'll accept pics posted up until the 2nd of May.
    As many pics as you like but 1 must show the food on/in the cooker.

Get onto it!

Cheers, Wayne

Chatter over here...... Chatter thread for the Easter BBQ Challenge

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• ENTRY 1

Coles Brisket portion rubbed with cracked pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin and coriander. Braised in Tooheys Old, beef stock and molasses.
    Forgot to put the egg in the final photo, sorry.

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• ENTRY 4

Some of the steaks in a 52 degree bath.

Onto the tripple ziggy. These are not the sous vide steaks, these ones had to go on first as apparently there were troglodites at the table whe demanded steak well done.

And finished with a gravey and chips.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• ENTRY 5

So my mother wanted some smoke for Easter. Who was I to say no to mum.

So I had a pickled pork in the freezer and I pulled it out and after it thawed I soaked it in water overnight to remove some of the salt.

Added my own dry rub on it's bum

Rolled it over and just oil and salt on its rind.

Added some apple wood for smoke.

Three and a half hours later.

Wife did some stuffed large pasta shells. Ricotta bacon and tomato paste topper

Served with some pickled cucumber, tomatoes and red onion for a entree

Then it was time for mains.

Smoked pickled and dry rub pork, crackle was superb, roasted potatoes, cabbage side with smoked spec, onion gravy and crispy bread rolls

Was a bit of room left so better finish off with a tiramisu

Happy Easter folks and thanks for reading.

My Toys.....GMG DB, Weber Family Q, Weber Baby Q, Weber Kettle, Weber GA, Cobb

• ENTRY 7

Stuffing ingredients for the tunnel-boned lamb leg

Ready to stuff

Stuffed & tied

Spinning on the weber roti,

Lemon squeezey

Balsamic roasted veges, and then the lamb wasn't the only thing that was stuffed for Easter

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• ENTRY 8

A drunken Easter Saturday cook up. Didn't put much effort into the cook or the pics. sorry. But i did remember the egg.

I made the snags in the front of the pic a few days before.

I have to say that the Chicken was unbelievably good.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• ENTRY 9

Pizza time up the farm. We got a free WFO off gumtree and it's been stored up the farm ever since and hasn't been used. Decided it was time to fire it up, so the task of moving it from a machinery shed to a temp stand up near the house was made a lot easier thanks to a truck with a hiab. Just don't tell Mum about the shrub which may have been run over.

My first time driving a WFO.

Lit it up, let it get hot, so time to cook.

Pineapple pizza was for the kids.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• ENTRY 10

Yaaay. Managed to make an entry. Meat cooked in the Weber Kettle with all sorts of beads. Heat beads, heat beads charcoal and Kingsford in there as well.
    Roast chicken and a Beef Carna Asada. (Think it's called that)
    Not every pic has the egg in it, but enough to prove it's a fresh cook.
    Meat went in to Brioche buns and fried chips as well.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

• ENTRY 11

We did a bit of a test run and a family feed. Cooked up a Harvey brisket, lots of pork ribs, snags, wings and a corn bake in the new smoker. Standard sort of fare but came out well.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

Brisket

Ribs are in too, lots of porkies

corn bake, some wings and snags

Ribs are out

• ENTRY 12

Hot smoked salmon.

Brined then into the traegar to smoke.

Was kept in the fridge over night, then reheated sous vide.

Served with a hot and cold salad with a lemon parsley bechamel sauce.

• Official Post

ENTRY 13

Had a bit of fun playing with the Potjkie last night. We had some spice mix we got in Queensland a while back and gave it a whirl with a bit of chicken

Onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. starting to smell great already

Simmering away over some charcoal and heatbeads

Turned into a nice thick curry

Looks like a bit of a train wreck but tasted terrific.

• ENTRY 14

Pretty thin and weak I agree! But it turned out good for a 7 hour Hot n Fast! It was more to honor my Buddy Larry Hill, founder of Pelletheads.com who I found out this morning passed away on Saturday!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Official Post

Congrats to Ray C for the win in our Easter Challenge and good work from Bear who beat out the competition and grabbed 2nd place. 3rd place was a 3 way tie by StevenM, UrbanGriller and Wazza. Some great looking feeds there guys.

Big thanks to everyone that joined in and had some fun with it.

This months Challenge is up over here..... SilentBobs May Challenge ---- Asian influence on the Q

Have fun, Wayne

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!