Good Butcher Roll Call

• Do you have a favourite butcher or know of one who sells good quality meats. Feel free to add them here, us BBQ types are always looking for good suppliers. ^^

VIC - MELBOURNE - outer east

Bills of Belgrave - 1667 Burwood Hwy Belgrave 3160
    free range meats and they smoke their own hams. great bacon, sausages. Check them out Saturdays when they run a sausage sizzle. They don't sell four quarter cuts however so no briskets.

The Basin Meat Supply - 1319 Mountain Hwy, The Basin 3154 (my favourite)
    If you want to have a really good chat about meat, go and see Russell, he loves to talk smoke and BBQ and appreciates that people want the best free range meats, grass fed beef etc and will do any cut you like.

Tip Top butchers in Laverton -
    Have all the cuts we like packer briskets for 13 bucks a kilo short ribs Nice big Hocks from the leg not the forequarters

Char Char Char Butchers
    258A Como Parade W, Parkdale VIC 3195 (03) 9580 1889
    Just opposite the train station, in the middle of the strip of shops.
    Cape Grim beef, 3 different brands of brisket, a bunch of other low'n'slow cuts including Brahman hump &full (uncut) beef shanks.
    The owners are obviously passionate about real BBQ

WA - PERTH / FREMANTLE and surrounds

Adrian's Continental Small Goods - Mirrabooka

Barbaros Bros on Cockman road in Greenwood (Just around the corner off Hepburn Ave) would have to be up there too, old school family run/owned butcher, great customer service, really helpful and always up for a chat and a bit of banter

CK's Quality Fresh Meats in Kingsway Shopping Centre are excellent. Great quality free range (grass fed) meats. Wasn't aware of the Boston Butt cut but I linked him to a video and happily cuts it for me now. Very accommodating and open to suggestions and requests.

Eurostyle - Stock Rd Markets Bibra Lake 6163

Franks Gourmet Meats - Wray Avenue Fremantle 6160

Frank Torre Quality Butcher - Perth

Goodchild Meats in Hamilton Hill

Hampshire on Eighth in Maylands, Perth, WA is worth a mention.
    They have a dry aging room and will happily age cuts for you. Ask for Dan. He was managing Jeremy's in Swanbourne for a number of years and is always helpful.

Meat Connoisseur - Woodvale

Mondos Butcher - Inglewood

Morley Continental Meats - Shop 187 Coventry Markets - 243-253 Walter Rd Morley 6052

The Cooks Choice, Safety Bay Rd, Shoalwater Bay. A good family butchers that will cut up or get in whatever you want. Has a smoker on site and does his own bacon, ham etc.
    Ask for Geoff and tell him Wayne and Jan sent you. phone - (o8) 95272883

The Corner Butcher - Morley

The Beef Shop - 2/2043 Albany Hwy, Maddington 6109

The Beef Shed 22 Pavers Cir, Malaga WA 6090 (08) 9249 2435

Rumps Gourmet Butchery and other Fine Foods Mandurah.
    Graeme and Sally not many places left where they will let you into the cool room to pick what you want. listens to my strange requests and cuts the meat up how i want it. it is the only place i get ribs with all the meat left on the top.

Star of the North - Currambine

War bro Quality Meats - 6 Hokin St, Warnbro, 6169 - (08) 9593 3092
    Pop in and have a chat to Raymond, all sorts of the cuts we all know are available.
    https://www.facebook.com/warnbromeats/

NSW

Costco : Grain fed Tomahawk steak ($22.99 per Kg). Lamb box including leg, chops, loin chops, chump chops, shoulder, etc for $8.99 per Kg.
    Not butcher related, but Costco also sell excellent mussels, pippis and skinless salmon.

Feather and Bone Food Products Supplier - 8/10-14 Lilian Fowler Pl, Marrickville NSW 2204 Phone:(02) 9818 2717
    featherandbone.com.au/
    Niche supplier of the best meat around. Provenance guaranteed produce, pretty much all organic certified. Supplier to many of the best restaurants in Sydney. Everything I've tried has been excellent. The service is equally good. Prices are understandably very high though.

Kogarah Best Meats - 132 Railway Parade, Kogarah NSW 2217 Phone:(02) 9587 8656
    Cheap and happy to cut meat to your request (thicker steaks, loin and pork belly for porchetta, etc.). Love their meaty rough cut pork ribs (behind the counter) for $8.99 per Kg and their pork neck.

Moree Meats - 1/22 George St, North Strathfield NSW 2137 Phone:(02) 9764 3316
    http://www.moreemeat.com.au/
    Order ahead full brisket. Last time I did this I paid $6 per Kg.

Steve's Fine Meats Shop 8 Carmen Drive CARLINGFORD 2118 Phone: 02 9871 7164
    stevesfinemeats.com.au/

The Australian Meat Emporium - 29 – 31 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria NSW 2015 Australia Phone: (02) 9690 0979 Fax: (02) 9690 0138
    meatemporium.com.au/
    People that shop there speak very highly of them. I've not yet made the special trip, but the website is a good indication that their produce would be good quality.

Theo's Cecinas Butchery & Smallgoods, 205 Hamilton Rd, Fairfield NSW 2165 Phone: (02) 9726 0673
    http://www.facebook.com/theoscecinas/timeline
    Award winning Chorizos, Traditional Marinated Pork "Costillar", Chilean and South American cuts.

Webster's Gourmet Meat Kitchen Shop 2, 496 North Rocks Road CARLINGFORD NORTH, NSW 2118 Phone: (02) 9871 1157
    webstersmeats.com.au/
    Their sausages are very well known & popular

STH AUST

Ellis Butchers McLaren Vale - Top notch local beef, pork, lamb and chicken. Also has seafood form time to time. He's my go to for steaks etc. Their small goods are also fantastic. Also able to get in cape grim brisket too.

Feast Fine Foods - Several locations, they do great meat

Kim Wang Supermarket. Central Market, Grote Street, Adelaide, South Australia

QLD

Warburton Butchers Brisbane “Warbys” 41 Graham Road, Carseldine QLD 07 3263 5992 or 718 Gympie Road, Lawnton QLD 3889 9555
    Does all the low n slow cuts, bulk whole cuts and the usual stuff.
    Has a big turnover so meat is always fresh. Prices are really good.

And there's a Costco on the Bruce Hwy, North Lakes

Low & Slow Meat Co.
    Container St
    Tingalpa, Brisbane 4173
    (07) 3890 4950
    Facebook page
    Our reporter says wall to wall Cape Grim so well worth a visit.

List last updated 12/08/2017
    happy to add more to the list as we go.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I've been real happy with the pork from Continental Meats in the Coventry Markets in Morley over here in WA. Normally pretty cheap, free range and he has carcasses hanging up in the cool room so you can normally get what ever cut you want.

The Beef Shop in Maddington also supplied our BBQ team with some great cuts of meat at Smokin' in the City this year. Meaty ribs, Boston butts and decent brisket!

• Great, can you give me their addresses and I'll start top expand the list.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Great, they have been added and thanks for the input.

• cheers guys, all added

Anybody in NSW buy meat ? :D

• Ask for Geoff at The Cooks Choice, Safety Bay Rd, Shoalwater Bay. A good family butchers that will cut up or get in whatever you want. Has a smoker on site and does his own bacon, ham etc. Tell him Wayne and Jan sent you.

phone - 95272883

https://www.facebook.com/The-Cooks-Choi…96627950433383/

Thats Geoff :)

• Some NSW info:

Kogarah Best Meats
    Address: 132 Railway Parade, Kogarah NSW 2217
    Phone:(02) 9587 8656
    Worthy of note: Cheap and happy to cut meat to your request (thicker steaks, loin and pork belly for porchetta, etc.). Love their meaty rough cut pork ribs (behind the counter) for $8.99 per Kg and their pork neck.

Costco
    Worthy of note: Grain fed Tomahawk steak ($22.99 per Kg). Lamb box including leg, chops, loin chops, chump chops, shoulder, etc for $8.99 per Kg.
    Not butcher related, but Costco also sell excellent mussels, pippis and skinless salmon.

Moree Meats
    Address: 1/22 George St, North Strathfield NSW 2137
    Phone:(02) 9764 3316
    http://www.moreemeat.com.au/
    Worthy of note: Order ahead full brisket. Last time I did this I paid $6 per Kg.

Feather and Bone
    Food Products Supplier
    Address: 8/10-14 Lilian Fowler Pl, Marrickville NSW 2204
    Phone:(02) 9818 2717
    http://www.featherandbone.com.au/
    Worthy of note: Niche supplier of the best meat around. Provenance guaranteed produce, pretty much all organic certified. Supplier to many of the best restaurants in Sydney. Everything I've tried has been excellent. The service is equally good. Prices are understandably very high though.

The Australian Meat Emporium
    Phone: (02) 9690 0979 Fax: (02) 9690 0138
    29 – 31 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria NSW 2015 Australia
    http://www.meatemporium.com.au/
    Worthy of note: People that shop there speak very highly of them. I've not yet made the special trip, but the website is a good indication that their produce would be good quality.

• If it helps, these guys also have a stall at the Clontarf farmers markets in Manning every Saturday morning - Clontarf Campus (Curtin University) Manning Road, Waterford. Had a chat to them and they said if you email or call them they are able to bring along any cuts you want. http://www.thebeefshop.com.au/ :thumbup:

Good to know! I'm north of the river so Manning is a bit less of a trek for me, and gives me an excuse to head back to my old uni stomping ground :D

• Tip Top butchers in Laverton Have all the cuts we like packer briskets for 13 bucks a kilo short ribs Nice big Hocks from the leg not the fourquarter
    And as much as I hate to plug them because they SUCK but costco has good meat if you want to pay $60 bucks for them to allow you the privilege of shopping there, and having to buy three of everything and then have some bold guy rifle through your property checking for mistakes at the register :cursing:

ProQ Excel Elite2o<---> Weber Kettle<---> AKORN KAMADO<--->  WEBER GO ANYWHERE

• SA

Feast Fine Foods - Several locations, they do great meat

Ellis Butchers McLaren Vale - Top notch local beef, pork, lamb and chicken. Also has seafood form time to time. He's my go to for steaks etc. Their small goods are also fantastic. Also able to get in cape grim brisket too.

Yoder YS480 | Weber Kettle | "Golden Moth" UDS | Weber Go Anywhere

• Hey, all these butchers have been very helpful to me here in WA..Perth

Adrian's Continental Small Goods - Mirrabooka

The Corner Butcher - Morley

Meat Connoisseur - Woodvale

Mondos Butcher - Inglewood

Star of the North - Currambine

Frank Torre Quality Butcher - Perth

• Thanks guys, they have been added

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!